I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 5 Street food in Turkey
- 6 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 7 Three days in Spain
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 12 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 Day trip from London to Paris
- 15 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions