I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 2 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 3 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 8 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 12 London GTG late September?
- 13 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 14 eateries in Puglia
- 15 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 18 100 years of French gratitude
- 19 Need help with itinerary
- 20 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 21 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 22 Help with France itinerary
- 23 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 24 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 25 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?