I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 9 days in turkey
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 Nice Video about Poland
- 15 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 16 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 17 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 18 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 19 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 20 Estonia Amber
- 21 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 22 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 23 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh