I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 10 Spain Questions
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 Avignon to London?
- 14 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 18 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 one last portugal car rental question
- 22 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 23 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence