I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hey Fodor's
- 2 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 3 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 4 Advice please...
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 7 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 8 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 9 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 10 Photographer in Paris?
- 11 Which hotel in London?
- 12 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 13 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 14 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 15 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 16 19 countries in a day
- 17 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 18 First visit to France in November
- 19 Venice; recommendations
- 20 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 21 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 22 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 Cosmetics from Paris. Any favorites Not Available Here?
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?