I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 2 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 9 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 10 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 11 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 12 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 13 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 17 Which european city?
- 18 Southern Spain
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)