I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 3 5 Observations About Paris
- 4 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 7 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 caroline_venezia
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 13 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 14 Pyrenees logistics
- 15 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 16 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 17 Normandy and Loire
- 18 Granada
- 19 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 20 Italy dolomites
- 21 Taormina Sicily
- 22 Northern Europe in April-May
- 23 history museums or locations
- 24 Iwango went…to Nice
- 25 22 year olds in Europe