I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So much to do, so little time!
- 2 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 3 the best of italy?
- 4 Hotel for last night in Rome
- 5 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 6 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 7 Cordoba, Sevilla and Granada
- 8 Rome to Sperlong Day Trip?
- 9 Florence Hotel Advice
- 10 Scandinavian honeymoon
- 11 Is 5000 miles realistic in 14-16 days?
- 12 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 13 Best data sim
- 14 paris arrondissements - where to stay
- 15 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 16 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 17 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 18 Malaga – Enjoying a Spanish vibe on the Costa del Sol
- 19 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 20 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 21 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?
- 22 Paris/Montpellier v. Barcelona/South of Spain in late September
- 23 Salzburg, Switzerland and Lyon
- 24 Andalucía Spring 2015
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals