I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 3 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 French open
- 7 tulips in the Netherland
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Azores
- 19 Azores
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 Dublin to Armagh?
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 25 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?