I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 2 Where to go from Brussels?
- 3 Croatia: ajvar recipe
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 We Need a Pact
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 What to wear
- 9 All you need in croatia
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 13 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 14 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 15 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 16 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 21 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 22 Bayern seasonal pass
- 23 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 24 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train