I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 5 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 6 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 12 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 13 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 14 Five nights in Extremadura
- 15 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 16 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget