I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 3 Hey Fodor's
- 4 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 5 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 6 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Gift for French business associate
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 11 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 12 Olive Oil
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 15 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 16 Dresden- tea towel
- 17 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 18 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 19 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 20 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 21 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 22 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 25 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport