I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 3 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 4 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 5 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 6 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 7 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 American Express
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 15 Help with European vacation plan
- 16 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 17 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 20 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 21 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Three ferries to Mull