I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 2 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 8 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 9 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 10 Traveling within Italy
- 11 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Florence in October
- 16 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 17 first european holiday itinery
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 7 days in Andalucia
- 21 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 22 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 London at Easter
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!