I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flea markets in France
- 2 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 3 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 4 Madrid apartments
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 I need a haircut
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Timing a river cruise
- 11 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 We Need a Pact
- 14 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 15 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 16 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 17 Tipping in Greece
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Honeymooning in Europe
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Spain tips beyond safety
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 American electrical gadgets