I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 4 100 years of French gratitude
- 5 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 7 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 8 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 9 Need help with itinerary
- 10 eateries in Puglia
- 11 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 12 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 13 Help with France itinerary
- 14 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 15 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 16 London GTG late September?
- 17 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 18 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 19 Driving St. Bernard Pass going from Venice to Tasch
- 20 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 21 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 22 Iceland hostel recommendations on Ring Road
- 23 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 24 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 25 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport