I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 2 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 3 Pousadas
- 4 ireland
- 5 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 6 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 7 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 8 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 9 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 10 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 11 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 12 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 13 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 14 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 15 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 16 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 17 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 18 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 19 Getting Around Greece
- 20 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 21 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Thoughts on Greece Itinerary for September
- 24 Change in Travel
- 25 Public Transportation from Athens Airport to Piraeus