I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 First time traveler to Ireland
- 5 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 6 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Prague - must see
- 13 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!