I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 8 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 12 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 Sicily Suggetions
- 16 car rental companies Italy
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 20 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 21 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 22 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 23 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 25 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?