I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay near Paris
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 4 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 7 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 8 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 9 Pronunciation
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 Dublin Tour Companies
- 12 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 16 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 What to wear