I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Athens/Istanbul March
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 9 Dublin to Armagh?
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 12 Gite and/or agritourism
- 13 Apartment for family trip to London
- 14 Prebook B&Bs
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 17 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 20 days in Germany
- 20 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 25 French open