I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 2 biking in France
- 3 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 4 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 5 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 6 Help with France itinerary
- 7 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 8 Terrorism in Europe
- 9 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 10 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 11 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 12 Sienna at night
- 13 Traveling to France
- 14 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 15 Need Cinque Terre/ Liguria advice
- 16 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Day trips between Lausanne and Zurich
- 19 Siena Favorites?
- 20 Amalfi Coast in October
- 21 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 22 Ireland and Scotland : 2014 Trip Report
- 23 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 24 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago