I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Family Visit CarrickonShannon (Leitrim) then trip to London/Paris
- 3 Getting to Dijon from Paris, quickly
- 4 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 5 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 6 Rolling bags in Venice
- 7 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 8 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 9 Greece after the Vote
- 10 please advise on 9 days in Iceland
- 11 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 12 Big and little towns of Europe
- 13 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 14 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 15 Dijon/Lyon/Strasbourg
- 16 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary
- 17 Two Week Trip from Southern France to Northern Italy
- 18 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 19 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 20 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 21 Germany for 3 weeks
- 22 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 23 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 24 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 25 Tell me about Manchester