I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 6 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Greek islands from Turkey
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 18 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"