I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Budget for 3 Month's
- 4 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 5 Italian cooking classes
- 6 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 London visit
- 12 Questions for my German friends
- 13 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 19 Chip but no PIN
- 20 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour