I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 one last portugal car rental question
- 3 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 4 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 7 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 11 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 12 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 13 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 Day trip on the Rhine
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 Swiss rail passes
- 18 Day trips
- 19 Europe in 21 days
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 24 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 25 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague