I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 5 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 6 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 11 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 12 One more last question on Bayeux
- 13 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 16 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 17 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 22 banger rally around europe?
- 23 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!