I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Italy in October 2015
- 6 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 7 Italy and Croatia
- 8 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 9 Where to go in France mid July?
- 10 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 13 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 trip to norway
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 My notes on Greece 101
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 21 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Is Venice really dirty?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15