I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 2 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 3 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 8 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 9 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 10 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 11 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 12 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 17 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 20 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 23 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 24 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!