I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Voltage in UK and France
- 2 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 3 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 4 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 5 Alterations to night trains routes
- 6 Interested In Coach Passes
- 7 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 10 Giverny in early October?
- 11 Two Days in Prague
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 14 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 15 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 16 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 17 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 18 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 19 Schengen Visa
- 20 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 london in 2.5 days
- 23 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 24 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 25 Concert at St. Chapelle question