I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterday > Bruges
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 Renting an apt.
- 4 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 5 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 6 WiFi on trains
- 7 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 8 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 9 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 10 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 11 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 12 ¡QUE VIVA VALENCIA! Wandering and Eating amidst the Orange Blossoms
- 13 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 14 Great restaurants in Italy
- 15 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 16 Help me with this trip
- 17 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 18 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 19 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 20 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 23 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 24 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 25 Germany for 3 weeks