I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 2 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 3 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 6 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 7 Need help with itinerary
- 8 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 9 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 10 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 11 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 12 First Trip to Europe
- 13 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 14 Expat area's in France
- 15 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 16 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 One month (ish) in Spain
- 19 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 20 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 21 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 22 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 23 La Sagrada Familia
- 24 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 25 Where to stay in London