I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 2 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 3 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 4 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 5 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 6 VIGO, SPAIN
- 7 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 8 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 9 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 10 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 11 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 12 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 13 Best london location to stay?
- 14 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 15 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 16 England, Paris itinerary help
- 17 Cinque Terre
- 18 South of France
- 19 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 20 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 21 Flying the day TATL flight to London - landing late - hotel choices
- 22 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 23 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 24 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 25 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations