I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 2 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 3 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 4 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 5 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 6 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 7 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 8 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 9 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 12 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 13 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 14 Pre-paid Visa?
- 15 Looking for add on city
- 16 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 17 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 18 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 naples & pickpockets
- 21 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 22 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?