I will be renting an apartment in Paris in May in the Marais district. I would like to know from locals if possible if they could recommend some places I could go that would give me a "Local" feel. After suffering these 4 big earthquakes in Christchurch my desire is to have a relaxed holiday this time around. I love Paris even though I have only been twice for 3 days each time so then it was go go go. My interests are photography, walking, water - I love the Seine at night because of the sunsets and the ambience it creates on the water. Any beautiful spots that I can wander that are serene and peaceful. Some smaller gardens or "squares". Any where I stroll in Paris is beautiful but to know where to go would be helpful. Even if it is a day trip away. Paris will be the end of my five week trip away and I always said I wanted to be in Paris when I was 60.
7 nights in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 2 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 3 italy
- 4 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 5 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 6 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Foie gras, redux
- 9 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 14 What to wear
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 17 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 20 Pronunciation
- 21 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015