My wife and I are going to Iceland from July 2-9. We are approx 30 yrs old and from New York City.
This is what I am thinking as a start for our itinerary so far but looking for advice please.
7/2: Land at KEF early morning (9:30am) and go straight to Blue Lagoon area
HOTEL: any advice between Northern Light Inn and Blue Lagoon Clinic??
7/3: Spend day (our anniversary) at Blue Lagoon and then leave that evening.
night of 7/3 - 7/7 morning: Looking for the most advice here please! What would be the most efficient way to get the most out of these days??? We'd like to see some scenery, maybe horseback ride, glacier tours, short hikes, scenic drives, etc
7/7 - 7/9: stay at hotel in Reyjavik near some good restaurants and nightlife. If anyone has any input on specific hotels or certain part of the city to stay, favorite restaurants, bars, or nightclubs, please let me know!
I know this is all vague but just booked flights yesterday and know very little about the country and want to get the most out of our visit.
Thanks Fodorites! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 2 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 12 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 13 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 18 English Countryside
- 19 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 20 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 21 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 22 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 23 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 24 Driving in Italy?
- 25 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
7 nights in Iceland in early July - looking for advice please!