My wife and I are going to Iceland from July 2-9. We are approx 30 yrs old and from New York City.
This is what I am thinking as a start for our itinerary so far but looking for advice please.
7/2: Land at KEF early morning (9:30am) and go straight to Blue Lagoon area
HOTEL: any advice between Northern Light Inn and Blue Lagoon Clinic??
7/3: Spend day (our anniversary) at Blue Lagoon and then leave that evening.
night of 7/3 - 7/7 morning: Looking for the most advice here please! What would be the most efficient way to get the most out of these days??? We'd like to see some scenery, maybe horseback ride, glacier tours, short hikes, scenic drives, etc
7/7 - 7/9: stay at hotel in Reyjavik near some good restaurants and nightlife. If anyone has any input on specific hotels or certain part of the city to stay, favorite restaurants, bars, or nightclubs, please let me know!
I know this is all vague but just booked flights yesterday and know very little about the country and want to get the most out of our visit.
Thanks Fodorites! Looking forward to hearing from you!
7 nights in Iceland in early July - looking for advice please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 2 Budget family trip to Europe
- 3 Berlin
- 4 5 Observations About Paris
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Guidebook for Iceland
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 visa question
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 18 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 19 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 20 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 21 By train to and out of Prague
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 25 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2