My wife and I are going to Iceland from July 2-9. We are approx 30 yrs old and from New York City.
This is what I am thinking as a start for our itinerary so far but looking for advice please.
7/2: Land at KEF early morning (9:30am) and go straight to Blue Lagoon area
HOTEL: any advice between Northern Light Inn and Blue Lagoon Clinic??
7/3: Spend day (our anniversary) at Blue Lagoon and then leave that evening.
night of 7/3 - 7/7 morning: Looking for the most advice here please! What would be the most efficient way to get the most out of these days??? We'd like to see some scenery, maybe horseback ride, glacier tours, short hikes, scenic drives, etc
7/7 - 7/9: stay at hotel in Reyjavik near some good restaurants and nightlife. If anyone has any input on specific hotels or certain part of the city to stay, favorite restaurants, bars, or nightclubs, please let me know!
I know this is all vague but just booked flights yesterday and know very little about the country and want to get the most out of our visit.
Thanks Fodorites! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Car rental between countries
- 3 Greece in 15 Days
- 4 Walking Scotland
- 5 Adaptors for Belgium
- 6 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 7 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 8 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 9 Train Ticket Help
- 10 I forgot my international driver permit
- 11 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 12 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 13 Prague old town
- 14 Bordeaux TRIP
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Munich restaurant recs
- 19 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 20 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 21 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 22 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 23 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 24 Home base for a month in France?
- 25 5 Days in Dublin
7 nights in Iceland in early July - looking for advice please!