My wife and I are going to Iceland from July 2-9. We are approx 30 yrs old and from New York City.
This is what I am thinking as a start for our itinerary so far but looking for advice please.
7/2: Land at KEF early morning (9:30am) and go straight to Blue Lagoon area
HOTEL: any advice between Northern Light Inn and Blue Lagoon Clinic??
7/3: Spend day (our anniversary) at Blue Lagoon and then leave that evening.
night of 7/3 - 7/7 morning: Looking for the most advice here please! What would be the most efficient way to get the most out of these days??? We'd like to see some scenery, maybe horseback ride, glacier tours, short hikes, scenic drives, etc
7/7 - 7/9: stay at hotel in Reyjavik near some good restaurants and nightlife. If anyone has any input on specific hotels or certain part of the city to stay, favorite restaurants, bars, or nightclubs, please let me know!
I know this is all vague but just booked flights yesterday and know very little about the country and want to get the most out of our visit.
Thanks Fodorites! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 2 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 3 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 4 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 8 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 9 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 10 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 15 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 16 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 17 Cell Phone Question
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 20 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
7 nights in Iceland in early July - looking for advice please!