My wife and I are going to Iceland from July 2-9. We are approx 30 yrs old and from New York City.
This is what I am thinking as a start for our itinerary so far but looking for advice please.
7/2: Land at KEF early morning (9:30am) and go straight to Blue Lagoon area
HOTEL: any advice between Northern Light Inn and Blue Lagoon Clinic??
7/3: Spend day (our anniversary) at Blue Lagoon and then leave that evening.
night of 7/3 - 7/7 morning: Looking for the most advice here please! What would be the most efficient way to get the most out of these days??? We'd like to see some scenery, maybe horseback ride, glacier tours, short hikes, scenic drives, etc
7/7 - 7/9: stay at hotel in Reyjavik near some good restaurants and nightlife. If anyone has any input on specific hotels or certain part of the city to stay, favorite restaurants, bars, or nightclubs, please let me know!
I know this is all vague but just booked flights yesterday and know very little about the country and want to get the most out of our visit.
Thanks Fodorites! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 2 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 3 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 4 Lake Garda- Italy
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Sardinia, Italy
- 8 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 9 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 10 Italy by car
- 11 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 12 Paris gtg in October?
- 13 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 14 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 15 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 16 T Mobile Does it Again
- 17 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 18 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 19 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 20 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 21 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 22 European Championship
- 23 Plan Italy trip
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 Six ways Brexit could hit Americans, item from the BBC
7 nights in Iceland in early July - looking for advice please!