My husband and I are planning a trip for Turkey in early September. Unfortunately, we only have a week off from work but want to make the most of it! We are experienced international travelers, tend to pack a lot in to our itineraries and love to explore as much as possible -- even if it makes for some long days! Prefer to tour things on our own - not via large grps or tour guides - but would consider organized tours if it makes the most sense for specific sites/day trips. I know we will barely scratch the surface of Turkey on this trip, but would love your help & suggestions as we work out our plans.
We are booking our flts this week and plan to fly in/out of Istanbul. Our very tentative itinerary includes:
Fri 8/30 - depart Chicago at 3p
Sat 8/31 - arrive in Istanbul around 5p, get settled at our hotel (still tbd) and walk around a bit that evening just to grab dinner
Sun + Mon 9/1-2 - full days touring the sights of Istanbul
Tues 9/3 - either another full day in Istanbul OR day trip via air to Izmir to Selcuk/Ephesus
Wed 9/4 - fly to Goreme / Capadoccia in the afternoon (either from Selcuk or IST)
Thurs 9/5 - explore Capadoccia (we love to hike, sounds like there are lots of opportunities for that here!)
Fri 9/6 - hot air balloon ride, more exploring in the area?
Sat 9/7 - fly back to IST in the AM to allow for plenty of time to catch our evening flight back to Chicago
A few specific questions....
1. I've read mixed things about making Ephesus a day trip. Some say its doable if you're ok with a long day, others say its not enough or enjoyable. Thoughts?
2. If a day trip is doable, any suggestions on tour companies to help us arrange the day tri logistics & tour?
3. It seems like a lot of people rent cars for their time in Cappadocia. Is the area fairly easy to navigate? Any tips for driving/renting a car there?
4. We have some hotels in mind for Istanbul, but all recs welcome for Goreme
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 2 태양성카지노只【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】只슈퍼카지노태양성카지노
- 3 우리카지노乐【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】乐슈퍼카지노우리카지노
- 4 South Downs National Park, United Kingdom
- 5 정선카지노当【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】当슈퍼카지노정선카지노
- 6 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 7 강원랜드카지노谷【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】谷슈퍼카지노
- 8 다모아카지노渋【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】渋슈퍼카지노다모아카지노
- 9 강남풀싸롱가격 O1O 2145 4594↔김사랑팀장 강남풀싸롱추천
- 10 코리아카지노る【━♥ ＫＯ542。ＴＫ ♥━】る슈퍼카지노코리아카지노
- 11 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 12 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 13 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)월드스타카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 14 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)바카라카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 15 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)로얄카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 16 강남역풀싸롱O1O 2145 4594강남풀싸롱】예약↔가격 위치
- 17 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)고카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 18 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)비비카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 19 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)스타카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 20 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 21 Cash machines ATM
- 22 슈퍼카지노주소(※)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(※)나인카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 23 선릉풀싸롱 O1O 2145 4594 선릉풀싸롱가격 선릉풀싸롱위치
- 24 슈퍼카지노주소(★)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(★)해외카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 25 슈퍼카지노주소(★)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(★)타짜카지노【슈퍼카지노】