We are planning to go to the Netherlands and Denmark in June for 14-15 days total. This is our first trip to these countries. Our tentative plan is to go to Amsterdam and the surrounding area for 6-7 days and then fly to Denmark (Aalborg) where we will visit with our son and girlfriend and see Denmark for another 6-7 days.
Here is what I need help with: Is there enough to do in Amsterdam and the surrounding cities or towns (via train or public transit) for 6-7 days? We love to walk and explore towns. We like quirky areas, LOVE food, love the local areas and would like to use Amsterdam as our home base to limit the packing and unpacking. In Amsterdam we will be staying at the Marriott..
Thank you all in advance for your help with this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Northern Ireland ideas
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 scotland itinerary
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Hotel in Florence
- 21 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 24 Malta - how to do it?
- 25 Using CPAP machine in France