We are planning to go to the Netherlands and Denmark in June for 14-15 days total. This is our first trip to these countries. Our tentative plan is to go to Amsterdam and the surrounding area for 6-7 days and then fly to Denmark (Aalborg) where we will visit with our son and girlfriend and see Denmark for another 6-7 days.
Here is what I need help with: Is there enough to do in Amsterdam and the surrounding cities or towns (via train or public transit) for 6-7 days? We love to walk and explore towns. We like quirky areas, LOVE food, love the local areas and would like to use Amsterdam as our home base to limit the packing and unpacking. In Amsterdam we will be staying at the Marriott..
Thank you all in advance for your help with this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 11 Meteora for older folk
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Athens
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations