We are planning to go to the Netherlands and Denmark in June for 14-15 days total. This is our first trip to these countries. Our tentative plan is to go to Amsterdam and the surrounding area for 6-7 days and then fly to Denmark (Aalborg) where we will visit with our son and girlfriend and see Denmark for another 6-7 days.
Here is what I need help with: Is there enough to do in Amsterdam and the surrounding cities or towns (via train or public transit) for 6-7 days? We love to walk and explore towns. We like quirky areas, LOVE food, love the local areas and would like to use Amsterdam as our home base to limit the packing and unpacking. In Amsterdam we will be staying at the Marriott..
Thank you all in advance for your help with this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 4 First time in London
- 5 Vacation
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 11 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 12 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 19 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Day trips around Vienna
- 25 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary