My husband & I are planning a 7 day trip to Sicily. We are flying in & out of Catania. We are interested in exploring local culture, good beaches, and great food & wine.
I have read a lot of forums & based on our limited time in Sicily, have decided to concentrate our travels on the eastern part of the country.
We are interested in exploring Taormina, Catania, Siracusa, Ragusa-Modica. How would you break up our trip, especially if we wanted to spend a couple of days on the beach?
Where should we stay & for how many nights?
We will also be getting a car. When and where should we get it?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Moldova and Transnistria
- 3 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Whistle stop family road trip
- 11 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 12 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 13 Scotland itinerary advice
- 14 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 15 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 16 Night Bus?
- 17 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 18 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 22 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 23 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 24 Help with tips in UK
- 25 Positano Hotel in September