I plan to spend a week (presumably from 19-26 January 2017).
I am a solo traveler. The goal of this trip is to experience nice scenery of Lapland and Lofoten in winter. I will choose to stay in guesthouses for most of the trip. My trip will proceed like this:
- Flight from Tallinn to Lulea will arrive Lulea about 10.30 am. (or 9.30 am which 40% more expensive).Then I will drive from Lulea to Kiruna and stay one night there.
This is the longest drive in this trip especially within limited daylight. But the ONLY reason why I choose to go to Lulea is for picking up the rental car -- Volvo XC90 -- which is the MUST for me. It sounds idiot but driving Volvo XC90 and hunting northern light is the main reason for this trip. (I'm idiot, right? lol)
- Drive from Kiruna to Svolvaer and stay two nights there.
- Drive from Svolvaer to Reine and stay two nights.
- Take ferry (depart 7.30 am in the morning) from Moskness to Bodo. Stay one night at Storjord.
- Drive from Storjord to Arvidsjaur and stay one night.
- Drive from Arvidsjaur to Lulea, return the car, and fly to Stockholm
I would like to ask you that is this plan could be done in practical? Any activities should I add on this plan?
Apart from driving on snow conditions and limited daylight, what else should I be aware of?
Talking about winter road condition, is it possible to visit small towns such as Straumnes, Stamsund, etc?
And from Arvidsjaur back to Lulea Airport, how long does it take in winter? I am thinking to take flight 11 am but not sure whether I could reach the airport on time.
Thanks and Looking forward seeing your suggestion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Paris to Italy
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 8 Days in Spain
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Milan or Turin
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Frankfurt to UK
- 25 Christmas Markets France/Germany