I plan to spend a week (presumably from 19-26 January 2017).
I am a solo traveler. The goal of this trip is to experience nice scenery of Lapland and Lofoten in winter. I will choose to stay in guesthouses for most of the trip. My trip will proceed like this:
- Flight from Tallinn to Lulea will arrive Lulea about 10.30 am. (or 9.30 am which 40% more expensive).Then I will drive from Lulea to Kiruna and stay one night there.
This is the longest drive in this trip especially within limited daylight. But the ONLY reason why I choose to go to Lulea is for picking up the rental car -- Volvo XC90 -- which is the MUST for me. It sounds idiot but driving Volvo XC90 and hunting northern light is the main reason for this trip. (I'm idiot, right? lol)
- Drive from Kiruna to Svolvaer and stay two nights there.
- Drive from Svolvaer to Reine and stay two nights.
- Take ferry (depart 7.30 am in the morning) from Moskness to Bodo. Stay one night at Storjord.
- Drive from Storjord to Arvidsjaur and stay one night.
- Drive from Arvidsjaur to Lulea, return the car, and fly to Stockholm
I would like to ask you that is this plan could be done in practical? Any activities should I add on this plan?
Apart from driving on snow conditions and limited daylight, what else should I be aware of?
Talking about winter road condition, is it possible to visit small towns such as Straumnes, Stamsund, etc?
And from Arvidsjaur back to Lulea Airport, how long does it take in winter? I am thinking to take flight 11 am but not sure whether I could reach the airport on time.
Thanks and Looking forward seeing your suggestion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-7 Days in France
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 6 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 7 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 8 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 5 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.