I plan to spend a week (presumably from 19-26 January 2017).
I am a solo traveler. The goal of this trip is to experience nice scenery of Lapland and Lofoten in winter. I will choose to stay in guesthouses for most of the trip. My trip will proceed like this:
- Flight from Tallinn to Lulea will arrive Lulea about 10.30 am. (or 9.30 am which 40% more expensive).Then I will drive from Lulea to Kiruna and stay one night there.
This is the longest drive in this trip especially within limited daylight. But the ONLY reason why I choose to go to Lulea is for picking up the rental car -- Volvo XC90 -- which is the MUST for me. It sounds idiot but driving Volvo XC90 and hunting northern light is the main reason for this trip. (I'm idiot, right? lol)
- Drive from Kiruna to Svolvaer and stay two nights there.
- Drive from Svolvaer to Reine and stay two nights.
- Take ferry (depart 7.30 am in the morning) from Moskness to Bodo. Stay one night at Storjord.
- Drive from Storjord to Arvidsjaur and stay one night.
- Drive from Arvidsjaur to Lulea, return the car, and fly to Stockholm
I would like to ask you that is this plan could be done in practical? Any activities should I add on this plan?
Apart from driving on snow conditions and limited daylight, what else should I be aware of?
Talking about winter road condition, is it possible to visit small towns such as Straumnes, Stamsund, etc?
And from Arvidsjaur back to Lulea Airport, how long does it take in winter? I am thinking to take flight 11 am but not sure whether I could reach the airport on time.
Thanks and Looking forward seeing your suggestion
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 33카지노 ᛣ 【RAM300.COM】 ᛣ 온라인카지노
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Ludwig Castles
- 4 Le Marche, Italy
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 7 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 15 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 18 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 21 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 24 Short Trip in July
- 25 Springtime in Holland - Trip report