I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 3 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 16 Lisbon
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?