I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage Storage
- 2 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 3 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 LIsbon
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 International Flight Question
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?