I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Vienna
- 2 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 11 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Itinerary Help
- 14 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 17 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 18 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 19 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?