I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 6 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 7 limousine services - milan - rome
- 8 Regarding Residence Permit
- 9 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 10 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 11 Homesaty
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 14 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 15 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 16 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 17 Route des Vins
- 18 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 19 2 days in Florence
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 23 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Private tour guides in Bayeux
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?