I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 2 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 3 Ludwig Castles
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 6 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 7 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 8 Connection time in Athens?
- 9 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 10 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 11 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 12 Escorted Tours
- 13 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 14 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 15 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 16 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 19 2 Months in Sicily
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 What tips can you give about packing?
- 22 Le Marche, Italy
- 23 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 24 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?