I'm traveling with my best friend to Italy for the first time over Christmas.
And would really appreciate your tips and recommendations!
We will be flying in to Rome on 22nd (Sunday) evening, and flying out from Venice on 30th (Monday) afternoon - with 7.5 days.
Currently we have already booked 3 nights of accommodations for Rome, and are having difficulties to decide where to go from 25th onwards.
Should we spend more time in Florence or Venice? Some people also suggested trying to fit another small town like Siena in between, while others have said Venice is just not worth the time over Winter :/
And most importantly, does anyone have experience using Eurail Italy Pass?
Im not sure if I need to pre-booked the tickets between cities with this pass?
Or should I just book the train tickets individually?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 4 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 5 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 11 Berlin, Nice and London
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 Venice
- 14 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 20 Day in Madrid
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 24 Rental car in Menton
- 25 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?