In early July I will be traveling to Ireland for the first time with a friend. I am just looking for some tips as to what to see during this short time. We're also interested in taking a bicycle tour at some point during the trip. Here is the schedule (all hotels and flights are booked):
Dublin July 6-8.
Cork July 8-9
Killarney July 9-10
Limerick July 10-13, flying out of Shannon on he the 13th at noon.
We will be taking trains and public transportation throughout the trip.
So, any advice for a bike tour, must-see things, and what to pack (we are thinking travel backpacks instead of a suitcase because of our movement) would be wonderful. Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 7 Italy June 6-16
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 10 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 11 hill of crosses
- 12 Austria Trip Report
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Northern Ireland ideas
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Long weekend in Albania
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 23 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?