My Husband are planning a 7 day, 7 night trip to Ireland in late May. We are flying into Dublin and out of Shannon, but I don't even know where to start as far as where to stay. Everyone seems to have a different opinion. We are interested in doing half of the southern loop and particularly interested in the southwest and the west. We are in our late twenties early thirties and interested in food, beer, music, history and nature. Basically, want to spend our days being active and our nights eating good food, drinking good beer, and listening to live music. Another thing to consider is that we want to avoid tourist traps. People keep recommending places like Adare or Kinsale, but then I hear that now they are too popular to be enjoyable. Also, which tourist traps are still worth seeing? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 2 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 3 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 My special places in Europe
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?