My Husband are planning a 7 day, 7 night trip to Ireland in late May. We are flying into Dublin and out of Shannon, but I don't even know where to start as far as where to stay. Everyone seems to have a different opinion. We are interested in doing half of the southern loop and particularly interested in the southwest and the west. We are in our late twenties early thirties and interested in food, beer, music, history and nature. Basically, want to spend our days being active and our nights eating good food, drinking good beer, and listening to live music. Another thing to consider is that we want to avoid tourist traps. People keep recommending places like Adare or Kinsale, but then I hear that now they are too popular to be enjoyable. Also, which tourist traps are still worth seeing? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 4 How to rent a car
- 5 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 6 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 7 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Day trips from Florence
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 St Denis Cathedral
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Paris in September
- 20 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now