My Husband are planning a 7 day, 7 night trip to Ireland in late May. We are flying into Dublin and out of Shannon, but I don't even know where to start as far as where to stay. Everyone seems to have a different opinion. We are interested in doing half of the southern loop and particularly interested in the southwest and the west. We are in our late twenties early thirties and interested in food, beer, music, history and nature. Basically, want to spend our days being active and our nights eating good food, drinking good beer, and listening to live music. Another thing to consider is that we want to avoid tourist traps. People keep recommending places like Adare or Kinsale, but then I hear that now they are too popular to be enjoyable. Also, which tourist traps are still worth seeing? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How the kids age calculated
- 2 Madrid airport question
- 3 Sintra
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 What tips can you give about packing?
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 10 Aix Provence
- 11 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 24 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 25 One night in Rome