I am arriving in London on the 30th of May at 11am. I fly out at 730am on the 6th of June. Here is my proposed itinerary:
30th - Land at 11am. Train to Kings Cross and store luggage (will be meeting up with a buddy later in the day and he lives close to the station). Half day in London
31st - Day in London
1st - Day in London
2nd - Day tip to Brighton (possibly also visit the Seven Sisters Cliffs in Eastbourne...is this worth a couple of hours???)
3rd - Train to Bath, day in bath. Overnight in Bath.
4th - Train from Bath to Salisbury. Visit Cathedral. Take a late morning tower tour. Grab early afternoon bus to Stonehenge for a couple hour visit. Back to Salisbury to train back to London. (Originally tried to tie Winchester in to this day but it seems like a stretch. Is Winchester really worth it???)
5th - Day in London (is it possible to visit Leed's Castle on a HALF day trip and spend other half in London?)
Could anyone comment on this itinerary and let me know any recommendations and advice on my posted questions.
Also, could anyone suggest any day itineraries for the days in London? i.e. what attractions to group together to best utilize my time? (I wanna see the tower of london, london bridge, london eye, big ben, buckingham palace, westminster abbey, hyde park, piccadilly circus, etc.) anything else I should try and see that I missed mentioning?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL