DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
7 days in England - help!
- 1 Airbnb Launches Media blitz...with Bird Houses...
- 2 Traveling within Italy
- 3 Europe Tour Companies May/June 2014 (24 yr old & Nana)
- 4 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 5 Esperas vs. Filoterra Villas
- 6 Sad news: Le Drouot, 103 rue Richelieu, is no more
- 7 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 8 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 9 Prague to Poland
- 10 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 11 110 Taillevant Paris (Dining Room or with the Sommeliers)
- 12 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 Berlin (with Dresden) Trip Report
- 15 8 days in Malta - Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 3 days in Barcelona
- 17 Santorini Hotel
- 18 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 19 Am I too fat too travel?
- 20 DeGaulle Airport
- 21 9 nights in Ireland
- 22 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 23 Do Cabs in Rome accept credit card for payment?
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!