DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 2 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 3 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 6 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 7 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 8 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 9 European Championship
- 10 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 11 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 12 fear of driving in rome!
- 13 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 14 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 15 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 16 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 17 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 18 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 19 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 Italy trains question
- 22 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 23 Trains France/Switzerland
- 24 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 25 Driving through the Pyrenees