DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 4 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Paris day trips August
- 7 Transportation from Brno train station
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 13 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 14 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 19 Moving to Italy
- 20 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 21 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 22 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 25 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary