DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland