DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Culinary scene in Vienna, Austria
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 4 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 7 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 8 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 9 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 18 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 Help required with Itinerary
- 22 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 23 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 24 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 25 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy