DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or train Austria
- 2 September in Switzerland
- 3 Italy train travel question
- 4 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
- 5 St Moritz hiking
- 6 Lavender fields in Provence
- 7 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 8 Advice for overnight Istanbul layover?
- 9 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 10 Provence family trip - suggestions on our itinerary please!
- 11 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam
- 12 Tallinn for 1st time
- 13 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 14 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 15 Glasgow family hotel
- 16 Airb2b in Paris
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 19 Padova Experts! Scrovegni Booking Quandry
- 20 MILAZZO or MESSINA ?
- 21 Which Marriott in Vienna
- 22 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 23 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 24 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 25 Slomenice Castle