DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 2 What clothes?
- 3 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 4 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 5 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 6 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 7 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 8 Oslo airport to hotel
- 9 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 10 Paris and Lyon
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 13 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 14 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 15 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 16 tipping
- 17 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 18 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 19 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 20 Hiking in Luberon
- 21 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 22 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 23 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 24 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 25 London Paris