DH is taking me to London in May. I have read all the books and have been scouring all the helpful posts. We have booked a room at the Crown Plaza St. James for four nights. We want to see as much as we can in town, but we also want to visit the countryside. We would like to take a day trip to Bath, I believe that is doable.
We have a B and B in lower Slaughter for one night. I figure we can take the train, and rent a car to explore the Cotswalds. I am related to the Catesby's from Sudbury, so I would like to go there the next day. Gainesborough's home and museum are there as well as the church my ancestors were married at. Anyone have any experiences in Sudbury?? Can we get a taxi there to take us around. Is there enough there to warrant spending a night, as there is a quaint little hotel there.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! : )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 2 Gluten Free in Italy
- 3 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 4 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 5 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 8 A few last minute questions
- 9 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 10 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 11 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 18 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 19 Portugal trains
- 20 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 21 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 22 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 23 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 24 Swiss German
- 25 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed