I just got married, and my husband and I are planning on saving up to embark on our honeymoon adventure in June of 2017. I know it's a while away, but I'm so excited I want to get planning now! And I know June is the high season, so I assume things will book up (correct me if I'm wrong, though). We've decided on a week in Croatia and a week in Italy (wish it could be more! Darn you, full time healthcare job.) I'm in charge of planning the week in Croatia, and he's in charge of planning the week in Italy. We'll do Croatia the 1st week, then Italy the 2nd week. Our plan is to fly in to Dubrovnik. Here's what I've got so far:
1) DUBROVNIK: 2 days
--- 1 day in Dubrovnik
--- Day trip to Lokrum Island? Mijet Island?
2) HVAR: 1 day --> Any suggestions re: a better island to visit?
3) SPLIT: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
4) PLITVICE LAKE NATIONAL PARK: 2 days
--- Bus from Zadar to Plitvice Lake Nat’l. Park (approx 2.5 hrs)
--- Bus from Zadar to Rovinj (approx 7 hrs)
5) ROVINJ: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
Ferry from Rovinj to Venice…
Any and all tips, suggestions, modifications are greatly appreciated as we've never travelled to Croatia. Our overall budget (including international flights from USA to Europe) for both weeks is around $11,000.00 USD.
THANK YOU TRAVELERS! Hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/testx-core/
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 travel fan 220v?
- 4 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 First Trip to Paris
- 9 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 10 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 11 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 12 Train travel
- 13 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 14 B&Bs in Ireland
- 15 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 16 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 17 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 18 WWI Battlefields
- 19 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time