I just got married, and my husband and I are planning on saving up to embark on our honeymoon adventure in June of 2017. I know it's a while away, but I'm so excited I want to get planning now! And I know June is the high season, so I assume things will book up (correct me if I'm wrong, though). We've decided on a week in Croatia and a week in Italy (wish it could be more! Darn you, full time healthcare job.) I'm in charge of planning the week in Croatia, and he's in charge of planning the week in Italy. We'll do Croatia the 1st week, then Italy the 2nd week. Our plan is to fly in to Dubrovnik. Here's what I've got so far:
1) DUBROVNIK: 2 days
--- 1 day in Dubrovnik
--- Day trip to Lokrum Island? Mijet Island?
2) HVAR: 1 day --> Any suggestions re: a better island to visit?
3) SPLIT: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
4) PLITVICE LAKE NATIONAL PARK: 2 days
--- Bus from Zadar to Plitvice Lake Nat’l. Park (approx 2.5 hrs)
--- Bus from Zadar to Rovinj (approx 7 hrs)
5) ROVINJ: 1 day --> Do we need more than 1 day?
Ferry from Rovinj to Venice…
Any and all tips, suggestions, modifications are greatly appreciated as we've never travelled to Croatia. Our overall budget (including international flights from USA to Europe) for both weeks is around $11,000.00 USD.
THANK YOU TRAVELERS! Hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 3 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 4 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 Christmas markets
- 19 Airline to Rome
- 20 SE ITALY
- 21 monograms vacation tours
- 22 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip