Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 13 A few more questions about Brittany
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Paris in November
- 18 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 19 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 20 London Theater
- 21 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland