Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 5 Days in Switzerland
- 3 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Korean Messages
- 15 Getting to Bolivia
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!