Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
7 Days in Austria, Croatia and maybe Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 2 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 3 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 5 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 6 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 13 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 14 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 15 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 16 Gargano Promontory
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 Bologna tips
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 21 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 22 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 23 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 24 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)