Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
7 Days in Austria, Croatia and maybe Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 4 Scottland for a day!
- 5 England, Paris itinerary help
- 6 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 7 Emilia Romagna Region
- 8 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 9 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 10 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 13 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 14 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 15 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 16 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 17 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 18 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 19 Shipping bags home
- 20 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 21 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 22 Germany for 3 weeks
- 23 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 24 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 25 Portofino or Portovenere?