Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 2 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 3 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 4 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 5 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 6 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 7 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 8 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 9 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 10 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 11 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 12 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 15 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 16 Breakfast: London
- 17 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 18 Travel plan help in Germany
- 19 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 20 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 21 Camino Redux
- 22 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 23 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 24 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit