Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary