Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
7 Days in Austria, Croatia and maybe Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 2 suggested day bag
- 3 Naples airport, bag storage, pizza, crime?
- 4 Where can I get a Hermes Birkin bag without a waiting list?
- 5 Tripadvisor just sent me a large-ish canvas bag!
- 6 2.5 Weeks in Europe Bag - Carry On
- 7 Dol face English Bulldog puppy for Adoption email (email@example.com)
- 8 Help Choosing a bag?
- 9 summer travel handbags offered ,AAA quality .
- 10 where to buy a LV bag?
- 11 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 12 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 13 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 14 Suggested day bag for use in Italy
- 15 Help with a small island in Greece
- 16 things in Rhonda
- 17 Italy-Croatia-Istanbul
- 18 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 19 A full week in The Netherlands
- 20 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 21 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 22 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 23 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 24 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 25 Amalfi Coast vs Greece