Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
7 Days in Austria, Croatia and maybe Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French open
- 2 tulips in the Netherland
- 3 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 8 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 11 England and Scotland
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 Azores
- 16 Azores
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 19 Air pollution in Paris
- 20 Dublin to Armagh?
- 21 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 22 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 23 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 24 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 25 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland