Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants near Grosvenor House
- 2 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 3 Is Ireland over-run by euro tourists this summer?
- 4 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 5 Trip to Austria Prague and Budapest
- 6 Tirano train station
- 7 Interlaken vs. Bern
- 8 Russia - GO or not?
- 9 Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands in 20 days (Itinerary check!)
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 11 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 12 Multi-Generation Trip
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 15 Best company for car hire in Padua
- 16 Help, Ladies! Packing light for Med cruise and more
- 17 Barcelona Spain - Seeking Suggestions r.e. Villa Rental & Activities W Kids
- 18 Nine Cities in 9 months!
- 19 Exchange Paris Visite 1-3 for 1-5?
- 20 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 21 Where to go in Greece ?
- 22 Hotel Iturregi or Saiaz Getaria Hotel in Basque Region (Getaria)
- 23 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 24 Direct SL train from Stockholm's Arlanda airport to the Central Station?
- 25 Austria in December or in January