Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
7 Days in Austria, Croatia and maybe Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DCC on the increase?
- 2 Greek Island honeymoon
- 3 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 4 Venice - things to do?
- 5 help and advice
- 6 help on my Portugal Itinerary - 11 days
- 7 Is it a bad time to go?
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 10 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 11 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 12 Paris info required
- 13 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 14 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 15 A First and Fantastic Visit to Istanbul
- 16 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 17 Garmisch
- 18 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 19 Rome to Positano
- 20 Advice on getting to the Amalfi Coast - recommendations, your experiences
- 21 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 22 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 23 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 24 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 25 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female