Going to Austria and hopefully Croatia (short trip) and wanted suggestions on places and itinerary. Landing in Vienna on Dec 17th, 2010 and leaving from Vienna to Dubai on Dec 23rd at 1 pm.
I have a RailEurope Austria, Croatia, Slovenia pass (as it’s a bit warmer, have heard things about Dubrovnik, and Splitvice national park)
Initially was thinking some combination of 2 days in Vienna, ½ day in Salzburn, maybe ½ day in Innsbruck, and rest of time in Croatia but since I have no idea of places wanted to get opinions of places and also how best to use the pass (totally ok with night trains to save time and $$).
In terms of my likes, mix of city and small town, like nature as well as relaxing with some good food/drink esp. in non touristy places where I can use my high school german J
Need suggestions on itinerary and places to see, what to do (places to stay welcome too).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small town near Grenada?
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 20 free days of Europe
- 4 Rome Rental Car
- 5 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 6 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 7 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 8 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 9 Berlin restaurant recs
- 10 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 11 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 12 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 13 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 14 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 15 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 16 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 17 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 3 days to spend in europe
- 20 Slovakia day trip
- 21 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 22 Italy for the first time
- 23 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 24 Budapest on a budget
- 25 Walking stylish sandals/flats