My fiancee and I are planning a 15-20 day trip to Switzerland and Greece in mid of April 2016 for our honeymoon. We'll spend 6-7 days in Switzerland. Below is our broad tentative itinerary:
Day 1-2: Reach Zurich from India (around 11am-12 noon). Leave for Lucerne. Spend 2 nights in Lucerne.
Day 3-5: Transfer from Lucerne to Interlaken region. Stay at either of Spiez/Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen/Wengen for 3 nights. One day trip to Jungfrau and one day trip to Matterhorn/Zermatt while still staying at one place in the Interlaken region.
Day 6: Take the Golden pass Panoramic train to Montreux and spend the night there. Visit Chateau de Chillon.
Day 7: Go to Geneva via Lausanne and fly out from there to Athens.
We are planning all travel through pubilc transportation/mostly trains. As we'll be carrying luggage for almost 2-3 weeks we prefer to make day trips and visit nearby areas so that we don't have to carry all of it everywhere.
We are looking suggestions on the the below specifically:
1. Must do things and places to go in and around Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux.
2. Swiss pass suitable for our itinerary. Also details on the Swiss transfer ticket, where to buy/charges/ can we use it if we have different entry and exit points.
3. Good reasonable hotels/bnb to stay and restaurants to eat in the places that we are visiting.
4. Which place (Spiez, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren or any other) should we make our base for 3 nights to explore nearby areas? I've read on other forums that Interlaken is boring and mostly hyped.
Should we spend 3 nights here and then 1 night in Montreux or should we spend 2 nights in each instead?
5. Would Jungfrau be open and accessible around 20-25th April? What is the temperature like during that time??
Any other suggestions for our itinerary and our time in Switzerland are most welcome. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 7 Guided Vatican Tours
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 London in Winter Report
- 13 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 17 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 18 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 19 IWM
- 20 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 21 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 24 quickest way to Prague
- 25 Scotland - We're Here!