My fiancee and I are planning a 15-20 day trip to Switzerland and Greece in mid of April 2016 for our honeymoon. We'll spend 6-7 days in Switzerland. Below is our broad tentative itinerary:
Day 1-2: Reach Zurich from India (around 11am-12 noon). Leave for Lucerne. Spend 2 nights in Lucerne.
Day 3-5: Transfer from Lucerne to Interlaken region. Stay at either of Spiez/Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen/Wengen for 3 nights. One day trip to Jungfrau and one day trip to Matterhorn/Zermatt while still staying at one place in the Interlaken region.
Day 6: Take the Golden pass Panoramic train to Montreux and spend the night there. Visit Chateau de Chillon.
Day 7: Go to Geneva via Lausanne and fly out from there to Athens.
We are planning all travel through pubilc transportation/mostly trains. As we'll be carrying luggage for almost 2-3 weeks we prefer to make day trips and visit nearby areas so that we don't have to carry all of it everywhere.
We are looking suggestions on the the below specifically:
1. Must do things and places to go in and around Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux.
2. Swiss pass suitable for our itinerary. Also details on the Swiss transfer ticket, where to buy/charges/ can we use it if we have different entry and exit points.
3. Good reasonable hotels/bnb to stay and restaurants to eat in the places that we are visiting.
4. Which place (Spiez, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren or any other) should we make our base for 3 nights to explore nearby areas? I've read on other forums that Interlaken is boring and mostly hyped.
Should we spend 3 nights here and then 1 night in Montreux or should we spend 2 nights in each instead?
5. Would Jungfrau be open and accessible around 20-25th April? What is the temperature like during that time??
Any other suggestions for our itinerary and our time in Switzerland are most welcome. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Towns around Lucca
- 7 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 8 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 11 Georgia in 4 days
- 12 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Dublin Luggage storage
- 15 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 18 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 23 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 24 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 25 Which Hotel in Rome