My fiancee and I are planning a 15-20 day trip to Switzerland and Greece in mid of April 2016 for our honeymoon. We'll spend 6-7 days in Switzerland. Below is our broad tentative itinerary:
Day 1-2: Reach Zurich from India (around 11am-12 noon). Leave for Lucerne. Spend 2 nights in Lucerne.
Day 3-5: Transfer from Lucerne to Interlaken region. Stay at either of Spiez/Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen/Wengen for 3 nights. One day trip to Jungfrau and one day trip to Matterhorn/Zermatt while still staying at one place in the Interlaken region.
Day 6: Take the Golden pass Panoramic train to Montreux and spend the night there. Visit Chateau de Chillon.
Day 7: Go to Geneva via Lausanne and fly out from there to Athens.
We are planning all travel through pubilc transportation/mostly trains. As we'll be carrying luggage for almost 2-3 weeks we prefer to make day trips and visit nearby areas so that we don't have to carry all of it everywhere.
We are looking suggestions on the the below specifically:
1. Must do things and places to go in and around Lucerne, Interlaken and Montreux.
2. Swiss pass suitable for our itinerary. Also details on the Swiss transfer ticket, where to buy/charges/ can we use it if we have different entry and exit points.
3. Good reasonable hotels/bnb to stay and restaurants to eat in the places that we are visiting.
4. Which place (Spiez, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren or any other) should we make our base for 3 nights to explore nearby areas? I've read on other forums that Interlaken is boring and mostly hyped.
Should we spend 3 nights here and then 1 night in Montreux or should we spend 2 nights in each instead?
5. Would Jungfrau be open and accessible around 20-25th April? What is the temperature like during that time??
Any other suggestions for our itinerary and our time in Switzerland are most welcome. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 Andalucia Spain
- 6 Amsterdam and...?
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Driving in Italy
- 14 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 15 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 19 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 20 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 21 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?