We are planning our first trip to Switzerland during first week of July. It will be two adults with 2 kids (11 and 6). Needed some advise on our planned itinerary so we can finalize our plans. Our current thinking is to fly into Zurich and take the train from Zurich airport to Lucerne. We also plan to use trains for transportation and not rent a car.
Day 1: Fly into Zurich, train from airport to Lucerne. Dinner in Lucerne and get rest. Stay in Lucerne
Day 2: Explore Lucerne (lake and old town, etc.). Take the afternoon/evening train to Interlaken. Stay in Interlaken
Day 3: Excursion to Jungfraujoch, stay in Interlaken
Day 4: Explore Interlaken area (Lauterbrunnen, Wengen) and maybe boat ride on Lake Thun if time permitting. Stay in Interlaken
Day 5: Train in the morning to Montreux. Visit Chillon Castle. Overnight in Montreux
Day 6: Train back to Zurich. Overnight in Zurich
Day 7: Fly out of Zurich
Had few questions on this plan:
1. Is this itinerary reasonable and doable?
2. Any suggestions on hotels or B&B in all the towns we are staying overnight (Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux and Zurich). Looking for something close to train stations if possible. Price range around $250/night.
3. There is lot of debate on where to say in Interlaken area - Interlaken vs. some of the villages close by. Thoughts on this appreciated given we are traveling with kids and bags so want to minimize moving too many times as well as want convenience.
4. Is Montreux worth a visit or we should just maximize our time in the interlaken area or add an extra day in Lucerne instead of Montreux?
5. Believe the train ride on Golden Pass from Interlaken to Montreux is beautiful - is it similar from Lucerne to Interlaken?
6. Any suggestions for a chocolate factory tour in any of the cities we are staying? Doubt we can do the chocolate train so maybe just a tour would be fine.
7. Anything else we should think of doing in this trip?
Thanks in advance for your feedback and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 France Itinerary Advice
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 6 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 9 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 12 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 13 Trip to Rome
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 17 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 French election
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 Moving Around Amalfi without a car