We will be holidaying in Switzerland for 7 days mid June and our base will be Lucerne.
Want to see the following places:
Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/ Mannlichen
Could you please tell me if this plan is ok for the day 1 at Jungfrau:
Take the train from Luzern to Interlaken (2 hours)
Take the train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg (1:15 mins)
Spend an hour in Kleine Scheidegg
Take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau
How much time can we spend in Jungfrau and besides the cog wheel train and the glacier walk, what else can we do there?
On our return, is there another scenic route from Jungfrau to Luzern.
day 2: We want to visit Basel, heard the natural history museum is great. what are other attractions in Basel. if we spend an entire day there, what should we look forward to.
day 3: want to spend a day in Lauterbrunnen. will take the train from Luzern to Lauterbrunnen (2.30 hours). Spend 3 hours in LB. Take the train from LB to Wengen and the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen. Spend some time there and trek from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (take it easy so 2 hours maybe?) and take the train from KS to Luzern. Is this a good plan?
So far these are the three firm (almost!) plans... please suggest good cheese walks near Lucerne and Chocolate factories and vineyards if any.
Also, should we go to Locarno and what should we look forward to there...
Besides these places, which are the other places we should visit. We have 2 teenage children who love the outdoors and are adventurous and enjoy history and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안카지노⋋么【 ＮＡ４２８.ＣＯＭ 】么⋌슈퍼카지노
- 2 아시안카지노┫₪【 ＮＡ４２８.ＣＯＭ 】₪┣슈퍼카지노
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 10 Hotels in Turin
- 11 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 12 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 13 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 16 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 17 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 18 Best Viking Sites
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 21 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 22 Greece
- 23 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 24 Paris advice with kids
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?