We will be holidaying in Switzerland for 7 days mid June and our base will be Lucerne.
Want to see the following places:
Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/ Mannlichen
Could you please tell me if this plan is ok for the day 1 at Jungfrau:
Take the train from Luzern to Interlaken (2 hours)
Take the train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg (1:15 mins)
Spend an hour in Kleine Scheidegg
Take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau
How much time can we spend in Jungfrau and besides the cog wheel train and the glacier walk, what else can we do there?
On our return, is there another scenic route from Jungfrau to Luzern.
day 2: We want to visit Basel, heard the natural history museum is great. what are other attractions in Basel. if we spend an entire day there, what should we look forward to.
day 3: want to spend a day in Lauterbrunnen. will take the train from Luzern to Lauterbrunnen (2.30 hours). Spend 3 hours in LB. Take the train from LB to Wengen and the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen. Spend some time there and trek from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (take it easy so 2 hours maybe?) and take the train from KS to Luzern. Is this a good plan?
So far these are the three firm (almost!) plans... please suggest good cheese walks near Lucerne and Chocolate factories and vineyards if any.
Also, should we go to Locarno and what should we look forward to there...
Besides these places, which are the other places we should visit. We have 2 teenage children who love the outdoors and are adventurous and enjoy history and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 4 3nights in Venice
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 My 3 days in Venice
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 9 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 One week in Europe
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 16 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 17 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 My final Prague itinerary
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 25 Car Rentals in Avignon