We will be holidaying in Switzerland for 7 days mid June and our base will be Lucerne.
Want to see the following places:
Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/ Mannlichen
Could you please tell me if this plan is ok for the day 1 at Jungfrau:
Take the train from Luzern to Interlaken (2 hours)
Take the train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg (1:15 mins)
Spend an hour in Kleine Scheidegg
Take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau
How much time can we spend in Jungfrau and besides the cog wheel train and the glacier walk, what else can we do there?
On our return, is there another scenic route from Jungfrau to Luzern.
day 2: We want to visit Basel, heard the natural history museum is great. what are other attractions in Basel. if we spend an entire day there, what should we look forward to.
day 3: want to spend a day in Lauterbrunnen. will take the train from Luzern to Lauterbrunnen (2.30 hours). Spend 3 hours in LB. Take the train from LB to Wengen and the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen. Spend some time there and trek from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (take it easy so 2 hours maybe?) and take the train from KS to Luzern. Is this a good plan?
So far these are the three firm (almost!) plans... please suggest good cheese walks near Lucerne and Chocolate factories and vineyards if any.
Also, should we go to Locarno and what should we look forward to there...
Besides these places, which are the other places we should visit. We have 2 teenage children who love the outdoors and are adventurous and enjoy history and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 4 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 5 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 6 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 7 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 8 YIKES!
- 9 Cash machines ATM
- 10 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 11 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 12 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 13 Turin, Bologna or Genoa
- 14 Charming areas to explore in London
- 15 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 16 Final Four
- 17 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 25 Itinerary help