We will be holidaying in Switzerland for 7 days mid June and our base will be Lucerne.
Want to see the following places:
Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/ Mannlichen
Could you please tell me if this plan is ok for the day 1 at Jungfrau:
Take the train from Luzern to Interlaken (2 hours)
Take the train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg (1:15 mins)
Spend an hour in Kleine Scheidegg
Take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau
How much time can we spend in Jungfrau and besides the cog wheel train and the glacier walk, what else can we do there?
On our return, is there another scenic route from Jungfrau to Luzern.
day 2: We want to visit Basel, heard the natural history museum is great. what are other attractions in Basel. if we spend an entire day there, what should we look forward to.
day 3: want to spend a day in Lauterbrunnen. will take the train from Luzern to Lauterbrunnen (2.30 hours). Spend 3 hours in LB. Take the train from LB to Wengen and the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen. Spend some time there and trek from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (take it easy so 2 hours maybe?) and take the train from KS to Luzern. Is this a good plan?
So far these are the three firm (almost!) plans... please suggest good cheese walks near Lucerne and Chocolate factories and vineyards if any.
Also, should we go to Locarno and what should we look forward to there...
Besides these places, which are the other places we should visit. We have 2 teenage children who love the outdoors and are adventurous and enjoy history and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Juangfrau / mt
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!