We will be holidaying in Switzerland for 7 days mid June and our base will be Lucerne.
Want to see the following places:
Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/ Mannlichen
Could you please tell me if this plan is ok for the day 1 at Jungfrau:
Take the train from Luzern to Interlaken (2 hours)
Take the train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg (1:15 mins)
Spend an hour in Kleine Scheidegg
Take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau
How much time can we spend in Jungfrau and besides the cog wheel train and the glacier walk, what else can we do there?
On our return, is there another scenic route from Jungfrau to Luzern.
day 2: We want to visit Basel, heard the natural history museum is great. what are other attractions in Basel. if we spend an entire day there, what should we look forward to.
day 3: want to spend a day in Lauterbrunnen. will take the train from Luzern to Lauterbrunnen (2.30 hours). Spend 3 hours in LB. Take the train from LB to Wengen and the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen. Spend some time there and trek from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (take it easy so 2 hours maybe?) and take the train from KS to Luzern. Is this a good plan?
So far these are the three firm (almost!) plans... please suggest good cheese walks near Lucerne and Chocolate factories and vineyards if any.
Also, should we go to Locarno and what should we look forward to there...
Besides these places, which are the other places we should visit. We have 2 teenage children who love the outdoors and are adventurous and enjoy history and culture.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO password recovery CONTACT☎ 1:888:482:3831YAHOO Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 16 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 17 Planning A trip
- 18 Driving through Paris
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 22 Bruges
- 23 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 24 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 25 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano