We r planning a 4-person (70, 61, 46 & 35 year-old s Malaysian) travel group to Europe for 60 days. Free-and-Easy.
We plan to fly into Paris, France in mid April and to fly out from Istanbul, Turkey in mid June 2012.
Despite the age, my 70 y/o mom is very fit and very eager global traveler. My 35 y/o sister, however, is a recovering from stroke. She is also a keen traveler. I trust all except me, will enjoy certain special price fares on train and ferries.
We hot to stay in central areas where convenience are aplenty.
We plan to visit 7-10 cities with 3-7 nights stay each.
We are planning :
10 days in France (Paris +1)
10 days in Spain (2 cities)
5 days in Portugal (Lisboa ?)
10 days in Italy (Venice, +1)
5 days Greece (Pls suggest ?)
10 days in Turkey (Istanbul, +1)
5 days any other suggestion welcome.
Perhaps rail +ferry could be a good option. Pls suggest.
We though a point-to-point rail pass will be a good option, in addition to some ferry between Italy-Greece-Turkey ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 11 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 Europe First Timers
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 20 Iceland for Nine Days
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Rome or Venice first
- 25 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast