We r planning a 4-person (70, 61, 46 & 35 year-old s Malaysian) travel group to Europe for 60 days. Free-and-Easy.
We plan to fly into Paris, France in mid April and to fly out from Istanbul, Turkey in mid June 2012.
Despite the age, my 70 y/o mom is very fit and very eager global traveler. My 35 y/o sister, however, is a recovering from stroke. She is also a keen traveler. I trust all except me, will enjoy certain special price fares on train and ferries.
We hot to stay in central areas where convenience are aplenty.
We plan to visit 7-10 cities with 3-7 nights stay each.
We are planning :
10 days in France (Paris +1)
10 days in Spain (2 cities)
5 days in Portugal (Lisboa ?)
10 days in Italy (Venice, +1)
5 days Greece (Pls suggest ?)
10 days in Turkey (Istanbul, +1)
5 days any other suggestion welcome.
Perhaps rail +ferry could be a good option. Pls suggest.
We though a point-to-point rail pass will be a good option, in addition to some ferry between Italy-Greece-Turkey ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Iceland in 7 days.
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 7 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 8 LIsbon
- 9 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 10 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 18 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 19 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Summer Travel order