Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 4 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 5 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 8 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 9 Calling Jamikins
- 10 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 13 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 14 Zurich, Switzerland
- 15 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 16 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 17 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 18 London tube
- 19 Day trip from London to Paris
- 20 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 21 5am arrival in Dublin
- 22 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Europe-21 days in September 2014