Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Golfing in Ireland
- 2 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 3 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 4 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 5 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 8 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 9 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 10 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 11 Santorini
- 12 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 13 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 14 Foie gras, redux
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Questions for my German friends
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 19 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 20 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 21 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 24 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 25 Airport to Piraeus