Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 2 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 3 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 7 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 11 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Gogartys, Dublin
- 16 Prague - must see
- 17 Sicily 10 days
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 22 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 23 Portugal in September
- 24 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome