Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Traveling within Italy
- 5 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 6 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 7 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 10 Family European winter holiday
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Florence in October
- 23 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 24 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 25 London at Easter