Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 6 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 7 Italy dolomites
- 8 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 9 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 10 Scuol, Switzerland
- 11 Airport ATMs
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 14 5 Observations About Paris
- 15 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 16 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 19 Switzerland help...?
- 20 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 21 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 22 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 23 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 24 Sicily in a winter
- 25 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews