Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Munich and Dachau
- 3 London visit
- 4 Duoro river cruises
- 5 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 11 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 12 Small group for Colosseum
- 13 SIM card for eastern europe
- 14 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 15 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 16 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 23 car rental advice in Portugal
- 24 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 25 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?