Hi everyone. We are trying to organise a trip to Italy and France for around 6 weeks in February/March 2014 with our just-turned-3 year old. We are thinking of staying in a self catered apartment for 4 weeks in Italy (? Near Rome or ? Near Florence) and then 2 weeks in France. We don't want to do the Mecca touristy trip because this would be hard with such a young child. We would love to spend time in a lovely village-like place, get to know the people and culture, still with easy access to the touristy places and public transport. Not thinking of hiring a car. We want to take it pretty easy, but not so easy that we get bored with the surroundings. I am struggling to find suitable locations as I don't know enough about the area. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done something like this recently? Thanking everyone in advance for their helpful comments.
6 weeks in Italy with a toddler!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 London hotel
- 12 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 Germany-berlin marathon
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Amsterdam hotel advice