My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 where to stay in London?
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 vienna
- 9 4 days itinerary for France
- 10 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 11 Questions about Polish sights
- 12 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 13 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 14 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets