My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
6 Week Post-College Western Europe Trip: Please Critique!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 2 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 3 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Matisse at Tate
- 9 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 10 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 13 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Ireland Southwest
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 19 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 20 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?