My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 days in Stockholm - itinerary, questions
- 2 Help me make this possible!
- 3 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 4 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 5 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 First visit to London
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 ATM
- 12 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 13 ATM help
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Spain Itinerary
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall