My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi