My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
6 Week Post-College Western Europe Trip: Please Critique!
- 1 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 2 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 3 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 4 Yet another train question......
- 5 Getting the best our of Europe
- 6 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 7 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 9 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 10 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 11 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 12 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 13 Reichstag tickets
- 14 Paris Ticket t+
- 15 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 16 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 17 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 18 One week in Norway
- 19 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 20 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 21 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 22 Am I too fat too travel?
- 23 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 24 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 25 Do and don't, eating in France