My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
6 Week Post-College Western Europe Trip: Please Critique!
- 1 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 2 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 3 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 4 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 5 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 6 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 7 Last monte Paris apartment
- 8 Wimpy's
- 9 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 10 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 11 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 12 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 13 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 14 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 15 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 16 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 17 jungfraujoch mid june
- 18 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 19 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 22 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 25 San Lorenzo Market