My girlfriend and I are about to embark on a 6 week trip of western Europe. We will be departing in early May and will return in late June. We are looking to see as much as possible while still maintaining a fairly restricted budget. We plan to purchase rail passes as our predominant mode of transportation and plan to stay in youth hostels the majority of nights. Below I have included a VERY rough itinerary of our plans. We are looking for comments on the following topics:
-What cities to add and which to remove?
-Does our trip seem too spread out/ should we condense it?
-Is the rail pass the most cost effective choice for us?
-Any other glaring errors we have made (we are 1st time travelers)
London 5 Days
Brussels 2 Days
Amsterdam 3 Days
Berlin 3 Days
Munich 2 Days
Prague 4 Days
Rovinj 3 Days
Venice 3 Days
Florence 2 Days
Rome 2 Days
Monaco 2 Days
Marseille 3 Days
Barcelona 3 Days
Paris 3 Days
London 1 Day
Thank you for your advice and please let me know if you have any questions because I plan to monitor this thread very closely!
6 Week Post-College Western Europe Trip: Please Critique!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 5 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 6 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 7 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 8 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 9 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 10 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 13 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 14 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Italy
- 17 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 18 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 19 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 20 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 Positano, Italy
- 23 Nice Video about Poland
- 24 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience