I'll be backpacking through Europe for three months. The first month and a bit has been locked in, so just trying schedule the remaining 6 weeks (I'll be finishing up with a week in Scotland and a week in London). While I'm enamoured at the idea of 'winging it', for peace of mind I'm going with a 'casually organised' itinerary (rooms and train travel booked in advance, taking advantage of free cancellations where possible).
Itinerary thus far:
5th - 9th April: Rome (5n)
10th April: Travel to Florence
11th - 13th April: Florence (day trip to Pisa?) (3d/4n)
14th April: Travel to Venice (w/ stop in Verona)
15th - 16th April: Venice (2d/3n)
17th April: Travel to Munich
18th - 20th April: Munich (day trip to Neuschewanstein Castle?) (3d/4n)
21st April: Travel to Vienna
22nd - 24th April: Vienna (3d/4n)
25th April: Travel to Budapest
26th - 28th April: Budapest (3d/4n)
29th April: Travel to Prague
30th April to 2nd May: Prague (3d/4n)
3rd May: Travel to Berlin
4th-9th May: Berlin (6d/7n)
10th May: Travel to Hamburg
11th - 12th May: Hamburg (2d/3n)
13th May: Travel to Amsterdam
14th - 16th May: Amsterdam (3d/4n)
17th May: Travel to London
Does this seem reasonable? I've tried to schedule in one full day dedicated to 'travel time'. Seeing it typed out just now actually looks quite rushed, but I've already cut out so much (Croatia, Slovenia, Poland), not sure if I can bear to cut out any more, haha.
My interests are: history, architecture (I love a good castle or cathedral!) food and nature and will be travelling solo. I'll be travelling via train wherever possible.
Thoughts? Open to any suggestions/recommendations or tweaking if there are better options available out there
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas