I'll be backpacking through Europe for three months. The first month and a bit has been locked in, so just trying schedule the remaining 6 weeks (I'll be finishing up with a week in Scotland and a week in London). While I'm enamoured at the idea of 'winging it', for peace of mind I'm going with a 'casually organised' itinerary (rooms and train travel booked in advance, taking advantage of free cancellations where possible).
Itinerary thus far:
5th - 9th April: Rome (5n)
10th April: Travel to Florence
11th - 13th April: Florence (day trip to Pisa?) (3d/4n)
14th April: Travel to Venice (w/ stop in Verona)
15th - 16th April: Venice (2d/3n)
17th April: Travel to Munich
18th - 20th April: Munich (day trip to Neuschewanstein Castle?) (3d/4n)
21st April: Travel to Vienna
22nd - 24th April: Vienna (3d/4n)
25th April: Travel to Budapest
26th - 28th April: Budapest (3d/4n)
29th April: Travel to Prague
30th April to 2nd May: Prague (3d/4n)
3rd May: Travel to Berlin
4th-9th May: Berlin (6d/7n)
10th May: Travel to Hamburg
11th - 12th May: Hamburg (2d/3n)
13th May: Travel to Amsterdam
14th - 16th May: Amsterdam (3d/4n)
17th May: Travel to London
Does this seem reasonable? I've tried to schedule in one full day dedicated to 'travel time'. Seeing it typed out just now actually looks quite rushed, but I've already cut out so much (Croatia, Slovenia, Poland), not sure if I can bear to cut out any more, haha.
My interests are: history, architecture (I love a good castle or cathedral!) food and nature and will be travelling solo. I'll be travelling via train wherever possible.
Thoughts? Open to any suggestions/recommendations or tweaking if there are better options available out there
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 13 Madrid food advice needed
- 14 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 22 Need hotel in Athens
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?