After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 3 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 What one thing in Paris?
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 10 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 11 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 18 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 19 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 20 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 21 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 22 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 23 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 24 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 25 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015