After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba