After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre
- 2 Where to go after Romania...or should I spend whole trip there?
- 3 Barcelona in 2 Days
- 4 Our Paris plans
- 5 Costa Brava - In 7 Days Suggestions
- 6 Help requested with : Hotels with good access in Lucerne and Interlake area
- 7 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 8 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 9 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 10 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 11 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 12 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 13 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 14 Iceland
- 15 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 16 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 17 Perpignan - 2 Nights
- 18 Venice water buses
- 19 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 20 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 21 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 22 2 days in Alsace
- 23 Spain
- 24 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 25 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles