After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 3 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 4 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 5 Tuscan cooking school
- 6 DVD players in France
- 7 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 8 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 9 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 10 Munich accommodations
- 11 Golf Tee Operators Required in Lisbon Coast Region
- 12 Trains
- 13 Two days in Dublin
- 14 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 15 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 16 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 17 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 18 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 19 malaga to madrid train ?
- 20 Italian language classes in Italy
- 21 Italy; cooking schools and lodging
- 22 Italy School Holiday Dates Summer 2013
- 23 Best adult Italian language schools in Italy
- 24 Italian Language course in Florence
- 25 Advice on Turkey Itinerary