After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
- 1 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 4 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 5 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 6 Normandy on our own?
- 7 Ordering wine in Paris
- 8 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 9 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 10 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 11 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 12 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 13 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 14 Changing of the Guard
- 15 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 16 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 17 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 18 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 19 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 20 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 21 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 22 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 23 Four days to wander France???
- 24 Budepest or Brussels?
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy