After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 3 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 French open
- 7 tulips in the Netherland
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Azores
- 19 Azores
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 Dublin to Armagh?
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 25 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?