After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 2 Trip to Pyrenees
- 3 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 4 Crete Ancient sites
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 11 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 12 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 13 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Luggage advice
- 22 Ireland driving vacation
- 23 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 24 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 25 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls