After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 student in denmark
- 2 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 3 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 4 What to see in Dresden...
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 6 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 7 Sienna with kids
- 8 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 11 Day River trips from Porto
- 12 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 13 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 14 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 15 3 months to travel Europe!
- 16 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 17 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 20 Tour or independent
- 21 Vet my itinerary
- 22 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 23 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 24 8 days in switzerland
- 25 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?