After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 10 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 11 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 14 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 15 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 16 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 17 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Budget for 3 Month's
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 24 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 25 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please