After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Questions
- 2 Changes in travel technology?
- 3 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Dublin Hostels
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 14 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Traveling to Munich
- 23 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 24 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 25 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days