After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day in Capri
- 2 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 3 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 8 Rome hotel
- 9 Villa in Italy
- 10 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 11 Help me make this possible!
- 12 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 13 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 14 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 15 One night in the Dolomites
- 16 Vatican tour
- 17 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 18 Places to stop/stay?
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 Route Information
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice