After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 2 Eastern Pyrenees for family with children
- 3 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 4 9 days in switzerland
- 5 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 6 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 7 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 8 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 9 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 10 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 11 Train des Pignes
- 12 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 13 Prague - Dresden- Berlin
- 14 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 15 Utterly Umbria...feedback on my itinerary for a week in Spello please!!
- 16 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 17 Museums for 12 year old girl and pastry day class
- 18 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 20 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 21 Change in Travel
- 22 Euro Quiz # 87 - Paris Potpourri
- 23 London and nearby suggestions
- 24 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 25 Why Is Europe Becoming More Prudish? Or Is It?