After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 2 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 3 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 4 Central European train travel
- 5 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 6 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 My poppy arrived today!
- 9 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 12 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 13 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 14 Train tickets within Italy
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Southwestern England
- 17 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 18 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 19 Barcelona -which discount tickets? - museums and Gaudi
- 20 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 21 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 22 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 23 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 24 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 25 Our first trip to Europe