After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
6 Nights in Prague during last week of June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 4 Ghent or Paris?
- 5 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Venice - boats on canals
- 8 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 9 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 10 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 11 France: which maps?
- 12 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 13 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 14 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?
- 15 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 16 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 17 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 18 Recommendations for must do Scandinavian itinerary....
- 19 Piedmont to Cinque Terre
- 20 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 23 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 24 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 25 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!