After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Track your personal bests when lifting weights
- 2 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 10 Flights from Croatia
- 11 Europe in late January
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 14 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 15 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 16 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 17 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 18 Paris---baguette question???
- 19 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 20 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 21 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 22 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 23 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 24 Scenic Driving Routes
- 25 Vienna to Bratislava