After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What about Basque Country?
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 4 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 5 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 6 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 7 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 8 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 9 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 10 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 11 Sardinia for young travellers
- 12 currency
- 13 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 14 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 15 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 16 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 17 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 18 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 19 European Championship
- 20 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 21 italy itinerary request
- 22 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 25 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...