After trying to plan trips, first to New York, and then to Zürich, which because of expensive lodging I had to abandon, I have finally decided, and bought my tickets, to Prague, where I can see that lodging is within my comfort reach. I'll be staying at a hotel off Wenceslas Square for 70 Euros. I'm also staying in Madrid afterwards, since my IBERIA flight stops there.
Before buying my ticket, I checked a lot of threads about Prague itineraries and decided to stay for 6 nights (5 full days). However, I see that opinions are varied: there are people who think 3-4 days and others who think a week or more with day trips. This is the itinerary I have come up with:
June 24: Arrival on Monday at 01PM.
Tuesday: Lesser Quarter and Petrin Hill
Wednesday: Castle and Castle Quarter
Thursday: Old Town and Jewish Quarter
Friday: New Town (and Vinohrady?)
Saturday: Vysehrad (and Smíchov?)
June 30: Leave for Madrid at 10 AM.
My interests are strolling, visiting churches, absorving the atmosphere and doing a bit of shopping. I am not a museum person at all. I'd rather leave day trips as plan B, that's why I didn't include any. I didn't plan anything upon arrival because I'll be jetlagged from a transatlantic flight.
What do you think of my itinerary? Do I have too much, or too little, planned per day? I'm also wondering about quarters like Smíchov and Vinohrady, which don't seem to have obvious landmarks, but, as part of Prague, they give a more thorough view of the city in general (although I know there many more quarters).
I've already bought my ticket so it's not like I can add or take away days. Thanks for taking the time to check out my itinerary and giving me your opinions,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 4 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 5 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 13 Trip to Rome
- 14 Best Indian Food
- 15 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 16 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 17 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Piedmont as a destination
- 20 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!