I am planning my first trip to Europe. My girlfriend is Swiss and has family that lives downtown Geneva and in a city halfway between Geneva and Lausanne. I am trying to put together a trip that allows me to spend 6 full days of exploring. I would be flying in and out of Geneva. My preliminary itinerary begins in Geneva where will will spend Day 1 relaxing in the city. Day 2 we plan on driving to Lausanne and Montreaux and visiting some landmarks in those cities. I also want to have a chance to practice some of my French for these first couple of days. We will return to her mother's house that evening. This is where things get difficult for me to plan. I would love to visit the Jungfrau region, hoping to do a moderate hike to enjoy some of the views as well as walk around a nice mountainous town with her. I would also love to go to Lucerne and Bern, A scenic train ride between the cities seems most enjoyable in my opinion. What would be the best option to get to those places? I was thinking of having her mom drop us off at the train station in Lausanne then take a train to Bern --> Grindelwald ---> Lucerne? How would we get back to Geneva after that point? Would a car be more advantageous if we were to visit these cities? She has a car at her mom's house.
Thanks for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Amsterdam and...?
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!