I am planning my first trip to Europe. My girlfriend is Swiss and has family that lives downtown Geneva and in a city halfway between Geneva and Lausanne. I am trying to put together a trip that allows me to spend 6 full days of exploring. I would be flying in and out of Geneva. My preliminary itinerary begins in Geneva where will will spend Day 1 relaxing in the city. Day 2 we plan on driving to Lausanne and Montreaux and visiting some landmarks in those cities. I also want to have a chance to practice some of my French for these first couple of days. We will return to her mother's house that evening. This is where things get difficult for me to plan. I would love to visit the Jungfrau region, hoping to do a moderate hike to enjoy some of the views as well as walk around a nice mountainous town with her. I would also love to go to Lucerne and Bern, A scenic train ride between the cities seems most enjoyable in my opinion. What would be the best option to get to those places? I was thinking of having her mom drop us off at the train station in Lausanne then take a train to Bern --> Grindelwald ---> Lucerne? How would we get back to Geneva after that point? Would a car be more advantageous if we were to visit these cities? She has a car at her mom's house.
Thanks for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice