I am planning my first trip to Europe. My girlfriend is Swiss and has family that lives downtown Geneva and in a city halfway between Geneva and Lausanne. I am trying to put together a trip that allows me to spend 6 full days of exploring. I would be flying in and out of Geneva. My preliminary itinerary begins in Geneva where will will spend Day 1 relaxing in the city. Day 2 we plan on driving to Lausanne and Montreaux and visiting some landmarks in those cities. I also want to have a chance to practice some of my French for these first couple of days. We will return to her mother's house that evening. This is where things get difficult for me to plan. I would love to visit the Jungfrau region, hoping to do a moderate hike to enjoy some of the views as well as walk around a nice mountainous town with her. I would also love to go to Lucerne and Bern, A scenic train ride between the cities seems most enjoyable in my opinion. What would be the best option to get to those places? I was thinking of having her mom drop us off at the train station in Lausanne then take a train to Bern --> Grindelwald ---> Lucerne? How would we get back to Geneva after that point? Would a car be more advantageous if we were to visit these cities? She has a car at her mom's house.
Thanks for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies