I am planning my first trip to Europe. My girlfriend is Swiss and has family that lives downtown Geneva and in a city halfway between Geneva and Lausanne. I am trying to put together a trip that allows me to spend 6 full days of exploring. I would be flying in and out of Geneva. My preliminary itinerary begins in Geneva where will will spend Day 1 relaxing in the city. Day 2 we plan on driving to Lausanne and Montreaux and visiting some landmarks in those cities. I also want to have a chance to practice some of my French for these first couple of days. We will return to her mother's house that evening. This is where things get difficult for me to plan. I would love to visit the Jungfrau region, hoping to do a moderate hike to enjoy some of the views as well as walk around a nice mountainous town with her. I would also love to go to Lucerne and Bern, A scenic train ride between the cities seems most enjoyable in my opinion. What would be the best option to get to those places? I was thinking of having her mom drop us off at the train station in Lausanne then take a train to Bern --> Grindelwald ---> Lucerne? How would we get back to Geneva after that point? Would a car be more advantageous if we were to visit these cities? She has a car at her mom's house.
Thanks for any feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 3 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 4 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 quickest way to Prague
- 11 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 12 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 21 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 22 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 23 Train / Calabria
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants