We and our parents- a group of 4 (a couple in early 30s and a couple in late 60s) - are travelling to Italy and Switzerland and we have 6 days in Rome and Venice from 20th to 25th July. This is our first trip to Italy, so will like to visit usual tourist spots. Our preliminary itinerary is as follows and will really appreciate your review and any recommendations or suggestions that you may have.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome at 8AM and transfer to our apartment in Via Serpenti. Visit Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Museums. Should we book some tour or stick with audio guides for these sites?
Day 2: Visit St. Peter’s Basillica and Vatican Museums
Day 3: Visit Pantheon, Piazza Novona and Trevi Fountain
Day 4: Morning Train to Venice and check-in to Best Western Ala in San Marco. Visit Piazza San Marco, Take a Gondola ride
Day 5: Visit Doge’s Palace and Basicilla di San Marco & Bell Tower
Day 6: We have a train to Switzerland at 3PM so we have half a day. So, will probably visit Accademia Gallery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 4 Day trips from Florence
- 5 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 6 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 Paris in September
- 14 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
6 Days in Rome & Venice: Itinerary Review & Recommendations