We and our parents- a group of 4 (a couple in early 30s and a couple in late 60s) - are travelling to Italy and Switzerland and we have 6 days in Rome and Venice from 20th to 25th July. This is our first trip to Italy, so will like to visit usual tourist spots. Our preliminary itinerary is as follows and will really appreciate your review and any recommendations or suggestions that you may have.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome at 8AM and transfer to our apartment in Via Serpenti. Visit Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Museums. Should we book some tour or stick with audio guides for these sites?
Day 2: Visit St. Peter’s Basillica and Vatican Museums
Day 3: Visit Pantheon, Piazza Novona and Trevi Fountain
Day 4: Morning Train to Venice and check-in to Best Western Ala in San Marco. Visit Piazza San Marco, Take a Gondola ride
Day 5: Visit Doge’s Palace and Basicilla di San Marco & Bell Tower
Day 6: We have a train to Switzerland at 3PM so we have half a day. So, will probably visit Accademia Gallery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Milan and Lake Como
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 17 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 18 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Positano or Sorrento?
- 21 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 24 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 25 Last minute trip to Capri
6 Days in Rome & Venice: Itinerary Review & Recommendations