We and our parents- a group of 4 (a couple in early 30s and a couple in late 60s) - are travelling to Italy and Switzerland and we have 6 days in Rome and Venice from 20th to 25th July. This is our first trip to Italy, so will like to visit usual tourist spots. Our preliminary itinerary is as follows and will really appreciate your review and any recommendations or suggestions that you may have.
Day 1: Arrive in Rome at 8AM and transfer to our apartment in Via Serpenti. Visit Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Museums. Should we book some tour or stick with audio guides for these sites?
Day 2: Visit St. Peter’s Basillica and Vatican Museums
Day 3: Visit Pantheon, Piazza Novona and Trevi Fountain
Day 4: Morning Train to Venice and check-in to Best Western Ala in San Marco. Visit Piazza San Marco, Take a Gondola ride
Day 5: Visit Doge’s Palace and Basicilla di San Marco & Bell Tower
Day 6: We have a train to Switzerland at 3PM so we have half a day. So, will probably visit Accademia Gallery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Campervan in Croatia
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 K-Day
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 UK Visa Help
- 12 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 13 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 17 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 18 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 21 Cell Phone Question
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 25 Aix en Provence Day Trips
6 Days in Rome & Venice: Itinerary Review & Recommendations