5 of us (29-30 yrs old) are going to Prague for 6 nights in mid May. We're trying to set a loose itinerary and we're hoping to see some other cities. Trouble is, there's no high speed trains in Prague so commute time is daunting when we see 7-8hrs on a train.
We had been throwing around the idea of Amsterdam for 2-3 days but we're still talking about 10hrs travel time when you figure in getting to the airport, being there early, the flight and then navigating to the city centre. So, we were hoping to find other cities that might not be as popular that are closer and something like 4 hours or less by train or bus.
I know Dresden is only like 2-3hrs and Brno is 3hrs as well. Question is, will it be different enough from Prague to make it worth it? We went to Italy last year (rome, florence, venice) and by the time we got to Florence we were kind of over the museums and mostly just walked around, rented vespas, drank and people watched to kind of take in the culture. We aren't stringent planners and like to be flexible in what we might do each day. Or, hopefully get some ideas from locals. I'd be interested in Budapest, but I need help convincing my friends. I think they want to be "wowed" by something? I think it's more that they don't understand what's there.
Sorry this got so long, but if you have any ideas on places or things to do to fill up 6 days in Prague (we aren't opposed to staying put) I'd appreciate the help. And in the interest of full disclosure, we had the travel bug and really landed on Prague because the package we got was cheap and didn't require a lot of time off work (as opposed to the Italy trip). We just wanted to be in Europe again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 5 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 6 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 7 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 8 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 9 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Spain - day driver advice
- 14 Berlin to ?
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 20 Greece
- 21 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 Stuck in Paris
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal