I'm wondering if those of you who are somewhat familiar with Paris could give me some advice. I will be traveling to Paris for the second time this June with a friend who has never been before, and I need some help on how to arrange things and organize our visit in an efficient way. Last time I went, the friend I was with did all the planning and I just followed her around. That was nice, but this time planning is up to me and I want to do a good job!
I hope I'm wording this in a way that is understandable: when planning a trip in terms of day-to-day activities, what is the best method? Should I plan activities for each day by neighborhood? By arrondissement? By individual sights? By something else?
For instance, should I pick an neighborhood each day and pick specific activities/restaurants/etc. within it? Or do you think it would be better to pick one or two interesting sights each day and plan everything else around those?
While we don't want to be too tied down by specific plans each day, I do want to have a general plan or starting point.
Some things that may or may not be important:
We will be there for 6 days.
I'm interested in eccentricities; I like a little weirdness, if that makes sense, so while I do want to see the usual big attractions (will you believe I 'skipped' the Eiffel Tower last time? I just enjoyed it from a distance), especially for my first-timer friend's benefit, I really like seeing what makes a city unique. I day dream more about wandering winding little side streets and out of the way places than about the Louvre.
We will be traveling mostly on foot and by metro.
I love to eat, but I wouldn't call myself a foodie. What I am is a vegetarian on a budget (both of us are). So acquiring food will be something we will have to think carefully about and plan accordingly, possibly more so than your average tourist. We hope to sample lots of pastries and treats! Are creperies and falafel places as good a bet as they seem?
Long story short, how should I approach planning daily activities? Any advice?
6 days in Paris; Help with logistics, please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 4 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 5 Italy tours
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Scottish Passport
- 10 BARCELONA: renting a car to Costa Brava
- 11 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 12 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 13 Questions About Croatia
- 14 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 17 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 18 Best day trips from Paris
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 21 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 22 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 23 Romania photo gallery Bucharest Brasov Constanta
- 24 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?
- 25 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair