I am travelling to Italy for 6 days in mid-July and can't decide where to go! I have identified 2 "clusters" of places/attractions that I've heard great things about. I'm looking for advice on which cluster I should pick, and since each includes way too much for 6 days, I'd love advice on the best places/sites within that cluster so that I can narrow down to a reasonable itinerary.
Cluster 1: Sicily.
Syracuse, Taormina, Agrigento, Catania, and/or Palermo
Cluster 2: Naples/Amalfi
Pompeii, Herculaneum, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Capri, (or maybe Ischia)
In case personal details help...I'll be traveling with my boyfriend. We're both active and interested in history (art history in particular for me). We also appreciate wine and food but I figure this will be good no matter where we are in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 5 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Apartment Montreux area
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 25 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich