I am travelling to Italy for 6 days in mid-July and can't decide where to go! I have identified 2 "clusters" of places/attractions that I've heard great things about. I'm looking for advice on which cluster I should pick, and since each includes way too much for 6 days, I'd love advice on the best places/sites within that cluster so that I can narrow down to a reasonable itinerary.
Cluster 1: Sicily.
Syracuse, Taormina, Agrigento, Catania, and/or Palermo
Cluster 2: Naples/Amalfi
Pompeii, Herculaneum, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Capri, (or maybe Ischia)
In case personal details help...I'll be traveling with my boyfriend. We're both active and interested in history (art history in particular for me). We also appreciate wine and food but I figure this will be good no matter where we are in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 3 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 6 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 7 One day around Lake Brienz
- 8 Bayeux Restaurants
- 9 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 10 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Best Viking Sites
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 15 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 16 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 17 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 18 Car Hire Bologna
- 19 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 20 San Sebastian Beaches
- 21 Skiathos 2017
- 22 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 23 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 24 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP