We are making a 6 day stop over in switzerland on our way to asia from usa. I need help in planning an itinerary and making reservations. mostly interested in stuff which kids will enjoy (eg boat rides, train rides, kids museums)
8/9 we arrive ZRH at 10am
leave luggage with left luggage at the airport
go to interlaken and spend the evening there, possible boat tour to thun
8/10 excursion to Jungfraujoch
8/11 excursion to Lauterbrunnen and Schilthorn
8/12 travel to luzerne and spend the eveining with boat trip/transport museum/lion monument
8/13 mount pilatus trip
8/14 mount titlus trip
8/15 have flight at 9.45 am from ZRH
have a lot of questions
1. TRAIN or Rental car: leaning towards train pass. which one should i buy? 2 savers pass + family card for 8 days or 2 flex savers pass for 4 days
2. where should i leave my extra luggage? are unattended lockers big enough for 30" suitcases (they are cheaper than attended luggage) ? are there cheaper left luggage at train stations than the airport ?
3. where should i stay in IL area? mountains or IL town? lot of walking will not be tolerated well by the kids. how about luzerne area?
4. whats a good place/website to get reasonably priced kid friendly accomodations? should i look at VRBO and airbnb or go with consolidators like orbitz/expedia?
5. are there kid friendly routes, destinations, activities, hotels you all would suggest?
6. should i do mt. pilatus and titlus or one of them is good?
7. is there a way to squeeze matterhorn/zimmetMontruex?
8. will it be possible for me to get a train from IL to ZRH early AM on 9/15 or should i do a transer the night before and stay by the airport somewhere? my flight is at 9.45 am and i am not sure how long will it take to get the luggage and do the check in and security check for an international flight?
Again we wish to keep things simple and relaxed with the kids so not running around a lot...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 6 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 7 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 13 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 17 Super Cover For Hertz
- 18 When to Visit Scotland
- 19 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Sicily
- 24 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy