We are making a 6 day stop over in switzerland on our way to asia from usa. I need help in planning an itinerary and making reservations. mostly interested in stuff which kids will enjoy (eg boat rides, train rides, kids museums)
8/9 we arrive ZRH at 10am
leave luggage with left luggage at the airport
go to interlaken and spend the evening there, possible boat tour to thun
8/10 excursion to Jungfraujoch
8/11 excursion to Lauterbrunnen and Schilthorn
8/12 travel to luzerne and spend the eveining with boat trip/transport museum/lion monument
8/13 mount pilatus trip
8/14 mount titlus trip
8/15 have flight at 9.45 am from ZRH
have a lot of questions
1. TRAIN or Rental car: leaning towards train pass. which one should i buy? 2 savers pass + family card for 8 days or 2 flex savers pass for 4 days
2. where should i leave my extra luggage? are unattended lockers big enough for 30" suitcases (they are cheaper than attended luggage) ? are there cheaper left luggage at train stations than the airport ?
3. where should i stay in IL area? mountains or IL town? lot of walking will not be tolerated well by the kids. how about luzerne area?
4. whats a good place/website to get reasonably priced kid friendly accomodations? should i look at VRBO and airbnb or go with consolidators like orbitz/expedia?
5. are there kid friendly routes, destinations, activities, hotels you all would suggest?
6. should i do mt. pilatus and titlus or one of them is good?
7. is there a way to squeeze matterhorn/zimmetMontruex?
8. will it be possible for me to get a train from IL to ZRH early AM on 9/15 or should i do a transer the night before and stay by the airport somewhere? my flight is at 9.45 am and i am not sure how long will it take to get the luggage and do the check in and security check for an international flight?
Again we wish to keep things simple and relaxed with the kids so not running around a lot...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 3 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 4 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 5 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 9 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 16 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 17 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 18 Hotels in Turin
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 21 Best layover option
- 22 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 23 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?