My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe. This is the first time I'm not using a travel agency for foreign travel and instead I'm planning/booking everything myself. I've already started booking hotels and stuff but now I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to do everything I planned. Could you please review my planned itinerary and tell me if it seems doable? There are so many things to see and places to go that I had a really difficult time picking just a couple stops. Note: we are pretty adventurous, start our days early even on vacation, and don't mind a little rushing around to see more. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Day 1: Land in Paris at 1pm. Spend 4 nights in Paris, with a possible day trip to London.
Day 6: Overnight train to Milan. Train to Varenna, Lake Como. Stay for 3 nights
Day 9: Train to Milan then to Venice. Stay for 1 night.
Day 10: Train to Florence. Stay for 3 nights. Possible day trip to Cinque Terre.
Day 13: Train to Naples, ferry to Capri. Stay 2 nights
Day 15: Ferry to Naples, train to Rome. Stay 3 nights.
Day 18: Fly out of Rome to the US at 8pm
So should I cut out the day trips? Or is this doable? Has anyone done something similar (6 places in 17 nights)? The only hotels I have left to book are Paris and Lake Como. I'm looking for reassurance I guess
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GAMIL PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 3 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 7 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 8 3 days solo in London
- 9 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 17 Scotland
- 18 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 19 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Maximizing Norway time
- 22 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 23 Studying art in English in venice
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Paris Perfect Legal?