My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe. This is the first time I'm not using a travel agency for foreign travel and instead I'm planning/booking everything myself. I've already started booking hotels and stuff but now I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to do everything I planned. Could you please review my planned itinerary and tell me if it seems doable? There are so many things to see and places to go that I had a really difficult time picking just a couple stops. Note: we are pretty adventurous, start our days early even on vacation, and don't mind a little rushing around to see more. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Day 1: Land in Paris at 1pm. Spend 4 nights in Paris, with a possible day trip to London.
Day 6: Overnight train to Milan. Train to Varenna, Lake Como. Stay for 3 nights
Day 9: Train to Milan then to Venice. Stay for 1 night.
Day 10: Train to Florence. Stay for 3 nights. Possible day trip to Cinque Terre.
Day 13: Train to Naples, ferry to Capri. Stay 2 nights
Day 15: Ferry to Naples, train to Rome. Stay 3 nights.
Day 18: Fly out of Rome to the US at 8pm
So should I cut out the day trips? Or is this doable? Has anyone done something similar (6 places in 17 nights)? The only hotels I have left to book are Paris and Lake Como. I'm looking for reassurance I guess
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 8 K-Day
- 9 ATM at airport
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Flat in London
- 13 Lay over time
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?