My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe. This is the first time I'm not using a travel agency for foreign travel and instead I'm planning/booking everything myself. I've already started booking hotels and stuff but now I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to do everything I planned. Could you please review my planned itinerary and tell me if it seems doable? There are so many things to see and places to go that I had a really difficult time picking just a couple stops. Note: we are pretty adventurous, start our days early even on vacation, and don't mind a little rushing around to see more. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Day 1: Land in Paris at 1pm. Spend 4 nights in Paris, with a possible day trip to London.
Day 6: Overnight train to Milan. Train to Varenna, Lake Como. Stay for 3 nights
Day 9: Train to Milan then to Venice. Stay for 1 night.
Day 10: Train to Florence. Stay for 3 nights. Possible day trip to Cinque Terre.
Day 13: Train to Naples, ferry to Capri. Stay 2 nights
Day 15: Ferry to Naples, train to Rome. Stay 3 nights.
Day 18: Fly out of Rome to the US at 8pm
So should I cut out the day trips? Or is this doable? Has anyone done something similar (6 places in 17 nights)? The only hotels I have left to book are Paris and Lake Como. I'm looking for reassurance I guess
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Flamenco in October
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 21 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions