We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
5 weeks in Italy and Austria: Wow!
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 A full week in The Netherlands
- 11 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 12 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 17 Prague - must see
- 18 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 19 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 20 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 7 days in Andalucia
- 24 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 25 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?