We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 2 need help in our travel plan to Europe
- 3 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 4 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 5 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 6 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 7 Trains through Germany
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 10 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 11 Do we need a car?
- 12 Advice about Naples?
- 13 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 14 Paris -?- Rome
- 15 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 16 What clothes?
- 17 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 18 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 19 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 20 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 21 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 22 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 23 tipping
- 24 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 25 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights