We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keukenhof in May?
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Insurance on rental car options
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Happy birthday ATM
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary