We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
5 weeks in Italy and Austria: Wow!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 gites de france or agritourism
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?