We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Walking Guide
- 2 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 3 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 4 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 5 London for work Paris for play!
- 6 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 7 Japan or Italy next spring
- 8 Lake Maggiore?
- 9 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 10 Car rental Spain to France
- 11 a Cantal, in Auvergne
- 12 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 13 If Greece exits
- 14 A plethora of islands
- 15 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 16 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 17 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 18 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 19 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 20 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 21 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 22 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 23 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 24 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report