We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 2 One in Paris ... help
- 3 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 4 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 5 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 6 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 7 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 8 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 9 T Mobile Does it Again
- 10 Which order should I travel
- 11 Which order should I travel
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 14 Train questions for Switzerland
- 15 First timers to Italy
- 16 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 17 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 18 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 19 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 Itinerary Help
- 22 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 23 Hungary itinerary Help
- 24 Dolomites October 14-18
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids