We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 13 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 18 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy