We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight Layover -London
- 2 Flamenco in Sevilla
- 3 hotel in Prague
- 4 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 5 RHK's Spring Trip
- 6 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 7 5 Days in Provence
- 8 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 9 15 nights in Italy
- 10 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 11 Shoppingin Spain
- 12 Dublin to Dingle?
- 13 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 14 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 15 Glencoe As A Base in Scotland?
- 16 [POLL] Have you ever been in NP Plitvice Lake in Croatia?
- 17 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 18 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 19 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 20 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 21 Half-day in Lindau- What to do?
- 22 Another Visit to London
- 23 Wine tour recommendations around Greve
- 24 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 25 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy