We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
5 weeks in Italy and Austria: Wow!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 France,Spain,Italy
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 13 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 14 Scotland November 2015
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 18 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 19 Portugal Trip
- 20 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 21 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 22 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 23 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 24 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 25 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris