We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 K-Day
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 9 UK Visa Help
- 10 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?