We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Dover queues
- 3 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 4 Puglia
- 5 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Itinerary help please!
- 8 AVE train tickets questions.
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Visiting the Black Forest
- 12 Barcelona to Morocco
- 13 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 17 Car hire
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 20 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 21 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 22 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 25 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!