We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 5 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 8 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 9 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 10 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 4 days each in London and Paris
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Switzerland in September
- 20 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 21 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 22 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 23 Positano or Sorrento?
- 24 Paris in November
- 25 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!