We are nearing the end of our 5 week sabbatical in Italy (3 weeks) and Austria (2 weeks). I've gotten so much good info. from this board, and my husband has done a travel blog of our adventures. I'll have that suffice as our trip report, complete with pics.
As an overview, here's the general Itinerary:
This is our 2nd time for many of these places, and for some the 3rd time. There is something very satisfying and deeply relaxing about going back to favorite places. We are comforted by the familiar, and yet always seem to be surprised by the unexpected. We're currently about 4 weeks into the trip, and here's the link for you to follow as we wind it up:
It's my husband's first time at doing a blog like this, so any input you have would be useful. He has chosen pics. that are not the "usual and customary" travel photos, and has tried to be a little more delightful!
Enjoy, and I hope you get a sense of our wonderful adventures!
5 weeks in Italy and Austria: Wow!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 4 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 5 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Street food in Turkey
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 10 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 11 Itinerary Help!
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 One week in Venice - trips
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Scotland
- 18 9 days in turkey
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014