I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
5 weeks in Europe plan..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 2 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 3 Looking for add on city
- 4 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 5 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 6 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 15 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 21 Trip to Pyrenees
- 22 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)