I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 2 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Abruzzo region
- 5 cell phone companys
- 6 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 7 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 8 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 9 Guides - Matera
- 10 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 11 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 12 Spain Itinerary Help
- 13 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 15 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 16 French lavender and cottages
- 17 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 18 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 20 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 21 Barcelona completely overrated
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 24 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 25 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base