I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 릴게임이란 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 3 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 6 Scotland itinerary help
- 7 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 8 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 9 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 10 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 13 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 16 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 17 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 18 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden