I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
5 weeks in Europe plan..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 4 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 7 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 Airport to Piraeus
- 12 Train to Airport in Venice
- 13 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 14 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 15 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 16 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 21 Foie gras, redux
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Dublin Tour Companies
- 24 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 25 Day trips from Seville