I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 train from ams to paris
- 3 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 4 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 5 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 6 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 7 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 8 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 9 Poland in September
- 10 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 11 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 12 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 13 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 16 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 17 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 18 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 19 Cordoba or Granada?
- 20 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 21 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 22 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 23 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 24 3 nights in Tuscany
- 25 SPANISH MUSEUMS