I'm coming to Europe in September from Australia, for 5 weeks. I've got my basic plan and think it's going to work ok, there's just a little section I'm not too sure about.
I'm wanting to see a mix of old history city/towns, and really outdoorsy beautiful scenery, and quaint towns... I'm not going to be partying, and it's just going to be me travelling, mostly by train, except in Slovenia when I plan to hire a car.
So far my plan goes:
Land in Krakow, see Krakow, Auchwitz, and the Tatra mountains before heading to Warsaw for a couple of days then getting a train to the Czech republic.
I'll do Prague for a couple of days, go to Tabor, Cesky Krumlov and Telc, see Kutna Hora and then take a train to Ljubljana.
I'll spend a couple of days in LJ, get my car and go see the caves, and visit Lipica, drive up to Bovec, do some stuff there, drive to Bled & Bohinj, spend a couple of days there, head back to LJ to get a train to Venice.
Arrive in Venice in the morning, explore there and get a plane to Paris (originally was only going to Venice as it was a cheap way for me to get to Paris.). From Paris, seeing Strasbourg, the Somme, and the Lore valley..
Now what I'm not sure about is that I looked at the time I had left (to spend in Paris), and it's about 8 days. That seems a lot more time that I originally intended... so there's a couple of options.. I could stick with that, and just take my time with France and spend a couple of days less in Paris, and those couple of days elsewhere..
Or I could fly from Venice into London, spend a day or two in London (I know it's not much time) then get the train to France...
I could head to France, go down to Bordeaux (I have a friend who lives there) and maybe look at getting a train to Barcelona.
There's something about Spain that intrigues me, and I don't know what it is. I keep coming back to wanting to go there but I"m not sure why, or how I can fit it in.
I'm happy to spend 4 days in Paris, so that gives me at least 3 days to play around with somewhere else (taking into account travel times, etc, though I'd be planning to travel overnight...)
I just keep coming in circles. Every time I think I've got a plan worked out, I get interested in somewhere else, or wonder if I could do something different...
What are your opinions??
Should I leave London and Barcelona to my next trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Iceland early december visit
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK