Hey again guys.
So I've done some thinking about my earliest trip plan: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/one-month-trip-to-europe.cfm
I'm graduating college and am planning a tentative month to five-week trip. I have decided it would be most worthwhile for me to spend a decent time seeing a bunch of different perspectives of a city. Spain is just the one country I can't seem to let go of when I make cuts on a list of places to go. Ugh, I need to go back.
So here's my more modified itinerary
Depart Boston Oct 1
London + Bath Day Trip(4+1= 5 Days)
London > Madrid
Madrid (4 Days)
Toledo (1 Day)
Santiago or Orense (Want to experience Galicia) (2 Days)
Bilbao (2 Days)
San Sebastian (2 Days)
Granada (2 Days)
Malaga + Ronda (3 Days)
Sevilla (3 Days)
I am putting 7 days aside for travel/laundry and emergency. I think this is fair considering a lot of the Spain traveling won't be too ridiculous and night transport is an option. This leaves me with 5 days on top of the extra 7. I want to do somethinng in Italy, relaxing and outdoorsy. I've seen a lot of Tuscany but never did a vineyard stay type thing and think it would be a cool note to end my trip on. I don't want to be exploring a big city right before I wrap up my long trip.
Also, I am looking for advice on my exploration of Spain. I've seen Barcelona and Valencia so I feel this will give me a thorough look around Spain for a first time trip of the sort. I am looking for outdoors related stuff to do to break up seeing cities. I love museums, history and restaurants but also need some natural world diversions on a long trip like this.
Also, I have set myself up with some vacation from vacation type days (i.e. Malaga and San Sebastian) to break up the heavy touring.
Thanks for your input
5 Week Trip Revised - Spain Exploration
Hey again guys.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 2 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 3 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 4 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 5 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 6 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 7 Which Florence hotel?
- 8 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 9 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 13 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 16 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 17 Spain vacation help
- 18 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 19 April in Madrid
- 20 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 21 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 22 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 23 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 24 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 25 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.