A friend and I are in the initial stages of planning 5 weeks of backpacking in Europe. We are use to travelling using overland tour groups and enjoy the fast pace nature of them. This time we want to go it alone but still cover a lot of distance in our short time. So far we have:
1. Amsterdam (3 nights)
2. Bruges (1 night)
3. Paris (4 nights) Where we will spend Christmas
4. London (4 nights)
5. Edinburgh (3 nights) Hogmanay festival for New Years
6. Munich (2 nights)
7. Salzburg (1 night)
8. Vienna (2 nights)
9. Budapest (2 nights)
10. Zagreb (3 nights)
11. Ljubljana (2 nights)
12. Venice (2 nights)
13. Rome (5 nights)
Apart from the Edinburgh to Munich leg (which we plan to fly), we were hoping for peoples recommendations for bus/train travel. Are we best to get a Eurail pass?
We are both young and enjoy a good night out and meeting people. We also love adventure sports and want to see the keystone attractions in these destinations. Do people have any suggestions for our itinerary? Any recommendations of day tours/ combined passes? Any suggestions for youth accommodation?
Thanks in advance. We look forward to hearing peoples hits and misses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 2 Acorn TV
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 7 Petrol in Greece
- 8 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 9 We're here!
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 6-7 Days in France
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 5 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 Bremerhaven and environs
- 23 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Van Gogh Museum advice