A friend and I are in the initial stages of planning 5 weeks of backpacking in Europe. We are use to travelling using overland tour groups and enjoy the fast pace nature of them. This time we want to go it alone but still cover a lot of distance in our short time. So far we have:
1. Amsterdam (3 nights)
2. Bruges (1 night)
3. Paris (4 nights) Where we will spend Christmas
4. London (4 nights)
5. Edinburgh (3 nights) Hogmanay festival for New Years
6. Munich (2 nights)
7. Salzburg (1 night)
8. Vienna (2 nights)
9. Budapest (2 nights)
10. Zagreb (3 nights)
11. Ljubljana (2 nights)
12. Venice (2 nights)
13. Rome (5 nights)
Apart from the Edinburgh to Munich leg (which we plan to fly), we were hoping for peoples recommendations for bus/train travel. Are we best to get a Eurail pass?
We are both young and enjoy a good night out and meeting people. We also love adventure sports and want to see the keystone attractions in these destinations. Do people have any suggestions for our itinerary? Any recommendations of day tours/ combined passes? Any suggestions for youth accommodation?
Thanks in advance. We look forward to hearing peoples hits and misses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy?
- 2 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 3 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 6 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 7 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 8 Itinerary Tweaking
- 9 Itinerary Help
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 16 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 17 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 18 Sicily
- 19 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 Car rental from Barcelona
- 23 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions