I'm a female college student planning on taking a 5-6 week trip to Europe in May and June. I've never been to Europe before, or off the North American continent for that matter, so I'm incredibly excited. I've heard about taking travel slow, and not trying to squeeze in as many countries as possible, so I'm trying to pick one or two areas of focus. It's so hard - there's so many places I want to see! I'll be traveling solo for the most part, though my mom and aunt might join me for a week or two. I love culture, food, adventure, scenery, and history in my travel experiences.
So basically I'm trying to figure out a semi-concrete itinerary. So far it's pretty vague (I've only been trying to decide on countries so far, not cities/towns/etc.) I'm for sure starting in Sweden, and I want to take a stopover in Iceland on my way there or on my way home, then going from there:
Stockholm - 3 nights
Gothenburg - 3 nights
Copenhagen - 3 nights
Edinburgh & Scotland - 8 nights
English Countryside (vague, I know...) - 7 nights
London - 5 nights
Paris & Northern France - 9 nights
This would be 5 countries in 6 weeks. Would I be moving too quickly? Or would it give me enough time to appreciate each place while also giving me lots of unique places? I'm also considering going to Rome & Tuscany/Florence instead of Paris & Northern France, so I would like to hear opinions on that.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 French language immersion schools in France
- 6 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 7 Studying art in English in venice
- 8 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 9 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?