I'm a female college student planning on taking a 5-6 week trip to Europe in May and June. I've never been to Europe before, or off the North American continent for that matter, so I'm incredibly excited. I've heard about taking travel slow, and not trying to squeeze in as many countries as possible, so I'm trying to pick one or two areas of focus. It's so hard - there's so many places I want to see! I'll be traveling solo for the most part, though my mom and aunt might join me for a week or two. I love culture, food, adventure, scenery, and history in my travel experiences.
So basically I'm trying to figure out a semi-concrete itinerary. So far it's pretty vague (I've only been trying to decide on countries so far, not cities/towns/etc.) I'm for sure starting in Sweden, and I want to take a stopover in Iceland on my way there or on my way home, then going from there:
Stockholm - 3 nights
Gothenburg - 3 nights
Copenhagen - 3 nights
Edinburgh & Scotland - 8 nights
English Countryside (vague, I know...) - 7 nights
London - 5 nights
Paris & Northern France - 9 nights
This would be 5 countries in 6 weeks. Would I be moving too quickly? Or would it give me enough time to appreciate each place while also giving me lots of unique places? I'm also considering going to Rome & Tuscany/Florence instead of Paris & Northern France, so I would like to hear opinions on that.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini