My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 4 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 7 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 CDG much improved
- 10 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 May get together in Paris
- 18 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 20 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 21 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 22 Canal du Midi
- 23 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 24 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 25 Perugia