My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
5 week Europe trip - a few itinerary questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Milan Hotel
- 3 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 4 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 5 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 6 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 7 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 8 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 11 France to Italy advice needed please
- 12 CDG questions
- 13 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 14 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 18 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 19 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 20 A Week in Spain
- 21 When to buy companion ticket?
- 22 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 23 South of Switzerland
- 24 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland