My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
5 week Europe trip - a few itinerary questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help for San Sebastian
- 2 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 3 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 4 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 5 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 6 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 9 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 10 Walking in Oslo
- 11 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 12 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 13 week in calabria
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 16 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 17 3 days in Rome
- 18 London hotel tax is 20%
- 19 travel to western Europe from India
- 20 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 21 Paris Hidden Railway
- 22 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 23 Northern Spain
- 24 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 25 La Barceloneta Protests.