My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia in December
- 2 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 3 Budapest Hotels
- 4 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 8 First trip to Italy
- 9 Ireland & Scotland
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 14 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 15 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford