My husband and I are from New Zealand going to Europe in Mid September to Mid October for five weeks. We are flying in and out of Amsterdam, (I am part Dutch and going to the Netherlands to meet some of my family there for the first time as part of my trip).
I have a few questions, which I'll put at the bottom. First of all below is our current itinerary
Fly into Amsterdam early morning
Amsterdam 5 days, (with some day trips)
Fly to Edinburgh 2 days
London 5 days (with some day trips)
Paris 5 days (with some day trips)
Fly to Rome 3 days
Florence 3 days
Venice 2 days
Tirol Austria / Munich Bavaria area 6 days (not 100% sure about where we're going to do here yet)
Amsterdam 1 day
1. We'd like to add Switzerland to our trip but it looks like it'll add at least 2 more full days just for travel from Paris to Switzerland and then to Italy let alone spending any time in Switzerland. (at the moment we are planning to fly from Paris to Rome - we have found a good easyjet deal). If we do go to Switzerland - where should we go, and what should we see with our limited time.
2. Are there any places in our itinerary that could do with more time or less or are we trying to do too much.
3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what we should do in the Tirol Austria / Munich area, over that 6 day period.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 2 Parma and Matova/Mantua - car rental
- 3 Montpellier to Arles
- 4 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 5 Hotels in St Germain Paris
- 6 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 7 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 8 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 9 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 10 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 11 Group wine tasting in Alsace
- 12 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 13 20 days in Greece
- 14 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 15 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 16 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 17 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 18 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 19 Macedonia, Greece
- 20 Berlin to Barcelona
- 21 Online checked in, how early should we be at the airport?
- 22 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 23 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 24 Victoria to Bletchley Park
- 25 Bayeux and environs