We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
5 or 6 nights next Sept. or Oct.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend in Norfolk
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Winter in Paris
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 5 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 6 Bregenz or Lindau
- 7 I need some big advice!
- 8 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 9 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 12 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 17 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 18 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 19 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 20 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Best beach town in Italy?
- 23 Italy and Croatia
- 24 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 25 Provence or Alsace in late March