We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
5 or 6 nights next Sept. or Oct.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 2 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 3 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 4 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 5 Arriving in Prague
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 4 Months in Europe
- 8 2 Days in Rome
- 9 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 10 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 11 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 12 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 13 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 14 Tipping in the UK
- 15 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 16 2 weeks in Spain
- 17 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 18 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 19 Wines charted by flavor
- 20 Museum Pass
- 21 Central Europe itinerary
- 22 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 23 France in October
- 24 Day trips out of Florence?
- 25 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP