We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
5 or 6 nights next Sept. or Oct.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 3 Viator.com in Turkey
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 Scottish Passport
- 6 Italy tours
- 7 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 8 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 9 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 10 Two Days in Prague
- 11 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 14 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 15 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 16 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 17 Bodrum to instanbul
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 20 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 21 Florence Hotel Advice
- 22 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 23 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 24 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 25 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?