We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 2 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 3 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 4 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Piedmont as a destination
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 France Itinerary Advice
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 19 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Krakow and Prague-one week