We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
5 or 6 nights next Sept. or Oct.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 2 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 3 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 4 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 5 London with Kids
- 6 Food and travel budget-Europe
- 7 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 8 Dublin to western Ireland, ending in Cork for flight to Paris
- 9 Venice -- Hotel Becher or Hotel Fontana
- 10 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 11 Lux Express in the Baltics
- 12 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 13 Travel services for Spain
- 14 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 15 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 16 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 17 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 18 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 19 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 20 Luxury apartments in UK?
- 21 Please help me plan my trip!
- 22 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 23 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 24 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 25 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted