We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 RFID Protection
- 3 12 days europe
- 4 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Paris to Ramstein
- 6 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?
- 7 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 8 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 9 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 10 Beaches in Southern France
- 11 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 12 3 days to spend in europe
- 13 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 14 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 15 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 16 Christmas Week in London
- 17 Edinburgh Airport Transfers
- 18 Rail pass question
- 19 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 20 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 21 italy itinerary
- 22 3 days with a Swindon base
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Travel WiFi - France
- 25 Looking for Tour in Italy