We are looking to add Slovenia to a possible trip next Sept. or October. Our plan would be to fly into Munich, get a rental car, stay in Zell am See the first 2 nights and then our last 3 nights in the Berchtesgaden area before flying out of Munich. Below is what we're looking to do in between these two places.
Would this make sense...
2 nights at the Tourist Farm Hudicevec to visit Predjama Castle and spend at least a day and evening visiting Ljubljiana, then 4 nights in/near Lake Bled (thinking Pension Berc, Pension Alp or The Dolinar-Krainer) to visit Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Vogel cable car, day trip to drive Vrsic Pass and a day in Logarska Dolina area with a drive of the Panorama Road there. Wondering if this is a sensible plan. We don't want to stay "in" Ljubljiana itself, but nearby as we're looking forward to staying in a scenic area and preferably on a farm. We're not hikers but do enjoy alpine scenery.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 London 6 day itinerary
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 9 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 10 Bernese Oberland
- 11 Athens tour guide advice
- 12 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 13 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 14 Threat Level in UK
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 17 Trip to Switzerland
- 18 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 19 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 20 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 21 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 22 IWM
- 23 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 24 One night in the Dolomites
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?