Seeing quite a few Italy experts in the forum I wanted to ask for recommendations on an itinerary. My husband and I will be visiting Puglia for 5 nights in early October before we head off to see family and spend a week in the Alps. Just wanted a little sea time to balance off the mountains even though it may not be swimming weather. And of course, the food!
We plan on flying into Bari and renting a car from there. We'd like to maybe spend a night in Matera before heading South to see Lecce and visit some seaside towns. After doing some research it seems like we should definitely try and stop by Galipolli, Otranto, Polignano a Mare... are there other towns should we absolutely visit? Where's a good central location to use as home base? I found a masseria I love in Manduria, but it seems a bit farther away from the places we'd like to go.
We're in our early thirties and have done our fair share of "touristy" Italy -- Florence, Rome, Milan, Amalfi Coast, etc. -- we are really excited to see this part of the country.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 2 Self drive tour companies
- 3 Rouen Tour Companies
- 4 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 5 Andalucia itinerary help
- 6 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 21 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Alps Drive