Seeing quite a few Italy experts in the forum I wanted to ask for recommendations on an itinerary. My husband and I will be visiting Puglia for 5 nights in early October before we head off to see family and spend a week in the Alps. Just wanted a little sea time to balance off the mountains even though it may not be swimming weather. And of course, the food!
We plan on flying into Bari and renting a car from there. We'd like to maybe spend a night in Matera before heading South to see Lecce and visit some seaside towns. After doing some research it seems like we should definitely try and stop by Galipolli, Otranto, Polignano a Mare... are there other towns should we absolutely visit? Where's a good central location to use as home base? I found a masseria I love in Manduria, but it seems a bit farther away from the places we'd like to go.
We're in our early thirties and have done our fair share of "touristy" Italy -- Florence, Rome, Milan, Amalfi Coast, etc. -- we are really excited to see this part of the country.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam