We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 2 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 3 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 4 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 5 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 6 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 Advices about our itiniary
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Global Travel Warning...
- 11 Private transportation
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 14 A week in Burgundy
- 15 Paris Under Seige...
- 16 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 17 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 18 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 20 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 21 Safety concerns?
- 22 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 23 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 24 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris