We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking hotels before trains
- 2 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 3 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 4 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 5 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 6 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 7 Visiting Spain in January
- 8 Italy/Greece with kids
- 9 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 10 Puglia or La Langhe
- 11 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 12 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Munich
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 17 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Need help in travel planning
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 French immersion courses in France
- 23 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow