We are 2 couples (mid 30's) going to Iceland @ the end of September and will have 2 half days and 3 full days to take the most out of this trip.
What do you recommend? We will be renting a car, though not sure yet whether we really need a 4WD...
Have red about the below, but not sure everything is doable...
- West: Westfjords, Snaefellsnes.
- North: Jokulsarlon, Akureyri, Myvatn.
- South: Volcanos, glaciers, black beach.
- Reykjavik & surroundings: Golden circle, Reykjanes.
Thank you very very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Day trip ideas
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 6 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 7 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 8 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 9 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 10 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 11 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 12 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 17 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Things to do in Brussels
- 21 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 22 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands