We will arrive in Bilbao at 9:30pm on a Sunday night (May 2012). We will have 4 full days (M-Th), plus Friday to drive (or take a bus) to Santander to fly out to Seville at 3pm. We would like to spend time in San Sebastian, as well as do some wine touring in the Haro/Laguardia area. I would like to at least spend one day wine touring, and then stay somewhere overnight in a small quaint town or countryside for the night, (if not two days/nights). Any ideas on how to best route this? A rental car is an option, but so is public transportation. Also, should we plan to stay overnight in Bilbao on our first night and head out to one of the locations in the morning, or should we just continue on that night by train, if that is even possible? Want to avoid any unnecessary hotel changes if possible. And if so, which location might be better to start with considering we will need to get ourselves to Santander at the end of our trip. Really confused about location logistics...and could use some advice.
5 nights-4 days in Spanish Basque Country-Advice needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 train to Vernon France
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 7 Venice
- 8 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 11 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Traveling to Munich
- 14 Day trips from Marseille
- 15 London tube
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 cooking classes
- 18 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 19 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 20 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 21 Zurich, Switzerland
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 25 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014