We will arrive in Bilbao at 9:30pm on a Sunday night (May 2012). We will have 4 full days (M-Th), plus Friday to drive (or take a bus) to Santander to fly out to Seville at 3pm. We would like to spend time in San Sebastian, as well as do some wine touring in the Haro/Laguardia area. I would like to at least spend one day wine touring, and then stay somewhere overnight in a small quaint town or countryside for the night, (if not two days/nights). Any ideas on how to best route this? A rental car is an option, but so is public transportation. Also, should we plan to stay overnight in Bilbao on our first night and head out to one of the locations in the morning, or should we just continue on that night by train, if that is even possible? Want to avoid any unnecessary hotel changes if possible. And if so, which location might be better to start with considering we will need to get ourselves to Santander at the end of our trip. Really confused about location logistics...and could use some advice.
5 nights-4 days in Spanish Basque Country-Advice needed
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 6 Traveling within Italy
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Florence in October
- 12 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 13 first european holiday itinery
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 15 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013