I'm planning a family trip next August(2017)
We are 2 adults(some would say 1 adult + 1 middle-aged adolescent) & 3 teens(14, 16, 18).
Itinerary as follows
Dublin to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Dresden
Dresden to Berlin
Berlin to Dublin
Fly to Amsterdam(our home is in Dublin)
Stay for about 6 days
Take in Canals, Museums(Anne Frank in particular), cycling etc.
Amsterdam to Dresden. Stay for 5 days.
I have been looking at a couple of options here.
Flights look expensive, so train might be an option.
I saw an overnight trip involving a stop in Cologne(2 hours), then going on to Dresden.
In Dresden, Museums(again), cycling(again) e.g. maybe take a trip up to Sächsische Schweiz?
go to Meissen?
Dresden to Berlin. Stay for 3/4 days.
Train or Bus to Berlin(I've heard the bus is very reasonable).
Obviously, Berlin is packed with sights, but would like to do something different.
For accommodation, we were hoping to use AirBnB, but this would be our first time.
Or maybe Youth hostels would be an option?
Would be open to amending this itinerary. It's based on getting to & from Dublin, as cheaply as possible. Everything in between is negotiable.
One thing we all enjoy is visiting Theme parks.
We've been to Europa park, Steinwasenpark, & Skyline park in Deutschland, Tivoli Gardens, Legoland & Bakken in Danmark.
We would love to fit one in on our trip.
Cycling is another must. But a bit of culture would also be nice. If there were any festivals, concerts, etc., along the way & we could check out, that would be great.
We love using public transport on the Continent, but any advice on same, would be gratefully accepted.
Does anyone out there have any tips.
Vielen dank, Dank u, Go raibh maith agat, Thank you, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-Car or Train
- 2 Italy in a week
- 3 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 6 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 SURPRISE TRIP
- 10 Jewish Vienna
- 11 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 12 Reaching the Lake District
- 13 Positano Hotel in September
- 14 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 15 seat reservations
- 16 Scotland itinerary advice
- 17 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Brussels flower tapestry
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 22 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 23 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 24 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more