I'm planning a family trip next August(2017)
We are 2 adults(some would say 1 adult + 1 middle-aged adolescent) & 3 teens(14, 16, 18).
Itinerary as follows
Dublin to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Dresden
Dresden to Berlin
Berlin to Dublin
Fly to Amsterdam(our home is in Dublin)
Stay for about 6 days
Take in Canals, Museums(Anne Frank in particular), cycling etc.
Amsterdam to Dresden. Stay for 5 days.
I have been looking at a couple of options here.
Flights look expensive, so train might be an option.
I saw an overnight trip involving a stop in Cologne(2 hours), then going on to Dresden.
In Dresden, Museums(again), cycling(again) e.g. maybe take a trip up to Sächsische Schweiz?
go to Meissen?
Dresden to Berlin. Stay for 3/4 days.
Train or Bus to Berlin(I've heard the bus is very reasonable).
Obviously, Berlin is packed with sights, but would like to do something different.
For accommodation, we were hoping to use AirBnB, but this would be our first time.
Or maybe Youth hostels would be an option?
Would be open to amending this itinerary. It's based on getting to & from Dublin, as cheaply as possible. Everything in between is negotiable.
One thing we all enjoy is visiting Theme parks.
We've been to Europa park, Steinwasenpark, & Skyline park in Deutschland, Tivoli Gardens, Legoland & Bakken in Danmark.
We would love to fit one in on our trip.
Cycling is another must. But a bit of culture would also be nice. If there were any festivals, concerts, etc., along the way & we could check out, that would be great.
We love using public transport on the Continent, but any advice on same, would be gratefully accepted.
Does anyone out there have any tips.
Vielen dank, Dank u, Go raibh maith agat, Thank you, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian lakes
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 Ronda Wine/biking
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 What do after Bernia Express?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 15 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 16 Ischia
- 17 9 days in London
- 18 Germany family road trip help!
- 19 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 25 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour