I'm planning a family trip next August(2017)
We are 2 adults(some would say 1 adult + 1 middle-aged adolescent) & 3 teens(14, 16, 18).
Itinerary as follows
Dublin to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Dresden
Dresden to Berlin
Berlin to Dublin
Fly to Amsterdam(our home is in Dublin)
Stay for about 6 days
Take in Canals, Museums(Anne Frank in particular), cycling etc.
Amsterdam to Dresden. Stay for 5 days.
I have been looking at a couple of options here.
Flights look expensive, so train might be an option.
I saw an overnight trip involving a stop in Cologne(2 hours), then going on to Dresden.
In Dresden, Museums(again), cycling(again) e.g. maybe take a trip up to Sächsische Schweiz?
go to Meissen?
Dresden to Berlin. Stay for 3/4 days.
Train or Bus to Berlin(I've heard the bus is very reasonable).
Obviously, Berlin is packed with sights, but would like to do something different.
For accommodation, we were hoping to use AirBnB, but this would be our first time.
Or maybe Youth hostels would be an option?
Would be open to amending this itinerary. It's based on getting to & from Dublin, as cheaply as possible. Everything in between is negotiable.
One thing we all enjoy is visiting Theme parks.
We've been to Europa park, Steinwasenpark, & Skyline park in Deutschland, Tivoli Gardens, Legoland & Bakken in Danmark.
We would love to fit one in on our trip.
Cycling is another must. But a bit of culture would also be nice. If there were any festivals, concerts, etc., along the way & we could check out, that would be great.
We love using public transport on the Continent, but any advice on same, would be gratefully accepted.
Does anyone out there have any tips.
Vielen dank, Dank u, Go raibh maith agat, Thank you, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://luxmuscle.com/dominant-testo-reviews/
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Itinerary Tweaking
- 4 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 16 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 17 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 18 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 19 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 20 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 21 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Itinerary Help
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French