I'm planning a family trip next August(2017)
We are 2 adults(some would say 1 adult + 1 middle-aged adolescent) & 3 teens(14, 16, 18).
Itinerary as follows
Dublin to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Dresden
Dresden to Berlin
Berlin to Dublin
Fly to Amsterdam(our home is in Dublin)
Stay for about 6 days
Take in Canals, Museums(Anne Frank in particular), cycling etc.
Amsterdam to Dresden. Stay for 5 days.
I have been looking at a couple of options here.
Flights look expensive, so train might be an option.
I saw an overnight trip involving a stop in Cologne(2 hours), then going on to Dresden.
In Dresden, Museums(again), cycling(again) e.g. maybe take a trip up to Sächsische Schweiz?
go to Meissen?
Dresden to Berlin. Stay for 3/4 days.
Train or Bus to Berlin(I've heard the bus is very reasonable).
Obviously, Berlin is packed with sights, but would like to do something different.
For accommodation, we were hoping to use AirBnB, but this would be our first time.
Or maybe Youth hostels would be an option?
Would be open to amending this itinerary. It's based on getting to & from Dublin, as cheaply as possible. Everything in between is negotiable.
One thing we all enjoy is visiting Theme parks.
We've been to Europa park, Steinwasenpark, & Skyline park in Deutschland, Tivoli Gardens, Legoland & Bakken in Danmark.
We would love to fit one in on our trip.
Cycling is another must. But a bit of culture would also be nice. If there were any festivals, concerts, etc., along the way & we could check out, that would be great.
We love using public transport on the Continent, but any advice on same, would be gratefully accepted.
Does anyone out there have any tips.
Vielen dank, Dank u, Go raibh maith agat, Thank you, in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Florence
- 2 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 3 One week in London with kids
- 4 Trip in September
- 5 Wake Up Mods
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Which city order makes most sense?
- 10 favorite app for converting US $$
- 11 SNCF - low price for summer
- 12 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 13 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 14 Best of Norway
- 15 a week in Lombardia
- 16 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 17 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 18 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 19 Light weight small converter?
- 20 Positano Surprise
- 21 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 22 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 23 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!