I see this question was asked a few years ago, but I thought I'd post it again. My spouse and I are flying to Venice via Zurich and have a 5 hour layover.
Will we have enough time for a quick jaunt into the city center? Because the airport is only 8 miles from downtown, my gut tells me that this should be doable.
Is it doable and Is it worth the effort? Any tips on the best way to handle this and whether it can be done are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Imbros Gorge
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October