Since I received such great assistance with my outerwear question, I thought I would get some assistance.
There are 5 females, 4 aged 20ish and me. Since I'm older and supposedly wiser, they are leaving all the hard decisions up,to me.
We are landing in Amsterdam, and will be there 3 nights. On the 4 th day we will head into Germany on a train, and work our way down to Paris in 6 days. This is the hard part. Since we will be in the city in Netherlands and France, we want to see the countryside in Germany.
I want this to be fun, and not totally hectic running around to 1000 places, I'm considering the Mosel Valley as a base, or possibly Heidelberg. I'm just not sure the best way to travel through these areas without stressing us out, and then arrive in Paris exhausted. We want to see some castles, scenery and drink wine! Lol
How would you handle this? Would you travel down to Munich and fly to Paris? Or stay in the countryside and take a train in to Paris? I sincerely appreciate any ideas. The more I research this the more confused I seem to get.
Ps: after Paris 1 is flying home, and the other 4 of us are flying to Rome for another week. This is our grand adventure!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 2 Rent a Car?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Whistle stop family road trip
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 8 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 9 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 10 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 11 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 12 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 13 Zadar or Sibenik
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 16 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 17 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 18 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 19 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 25 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)