Since I received such great assistance with my outerwear question, I thought I would get some assistance.
There are 5 females, 4 aged 20ish and me. Since I'm older and supposedly wiser, they are leaving all the hard decisions up,to me.
We are landing in Amsterdam, and will be there 3 nights. On the 4 th day we will head into Germany on a train, and work our way down to Paris in 6 days. This is the hard part. Since we will be in the city in Netherlands and France, we want to see the countryside in Germany.
I want this to be fun, and not totally hectic running around to 1000 places, I'm considering the Mosel Valley as a base, or possibly Heidelberg. I'm just not sure the best way to travel through these areas without stressing us out, and then arrive in Paris exhausted. We want to see some castles, scenery and drink wine! Lol
How would you handle this? Would you travel down to Munich and fly to Paris? Or stay in the countryside and take a train in to Paris? I sincerely appreciate any ideas. The more I research this the more confused I seem to get.
Ps: after Paris 1 is flying home, and the other 4 of us are flying to Rome for another week. This is our grand adventure!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Firt time VISA applicant
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Murren to Prague
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 23 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Le Marche Research Help