Since I received such great assistance with my outerwear question, I thought I would get some assistance.
There are 5 females, 4 aged 20ish and me. Since I'm older and supposedly wiser, they are leaving all the hard decisions up,to me.
We are landing in Amsterdam, and will be there 3 nights. On the 4 th day we will head into Germany on a train, and work our way down to Paris in 6 days. This is the hard part. Since we will be in the city in Netherlands and France, we want to see the countryside in Germany.
I want this to be fun, and not totally hectic running around to 1000 places, I'm considering the Mosel Valley as a base, or possibly Heidelberg. I'm just not sure the best way to travel through these areas without stressing us out, and then arrive in Paris exhausted. We want to see some castles, scenery and drink wine! Lol
How would you handle this? Would you travel down to Munich and fly to Paris? Or stay in the countryside and take a train in to Paris? I sincerely appreciate any ideas. The more I research this the more confused I seem to get.
Ps: after Paris 1 is flying home, and the other 4 of us are flying to Rome for another week. This is our grand adventure!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 An evening in London
- 7 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 11 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 Europe First Timers
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Safety in Rome
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?