Does anyone think spending 5 fulls days in Rome is too much? I love looking at ruins and ancient architectures, but of course, like most people, I don't like crowds and busy cities. Plus Rome is on the expensive side. I have two weeks off in May, so I need to book something this week. I wonder if 5 days will let me have a more leisurely time exploring the city. I'm thinking of just doing a week in Rome and then 2-3 days in Siena. After that I will either have to hit Florence or Pisa to take the flight back to the U.S. (I've been to Florence and Pisa before, so I don't mind too much missing out on them.)
5 full days in Rome too much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 8 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 17 Burgundy in May
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 A Greek sojourn
- 20 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 21 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 22 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe