Does anyone think spending 5 fulls days in Rome is too much? I love looking at ruins and ancient architectures, but of course, like most people, I don't like crowds and busy cities. Plus Rome is on the expensive side. I have two weeks off in May, so I need to book something this week. I wonder if 5 days will let me have a more leisurely time exploring the city. I'm thinking of just doing a week in Rome and then 2-3 days in Siena. After that I will either have to hit Florence or Pisa to take the flight back to the U.S. (I've been to Florence and Pisa before, so I don't mind too much missing out on them.)
5 full days in Rome too much?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 2 Portugal in September
- 3 Travel by train or bus
- 4 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 5 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 9 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 10 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 11 Medieval Tallinn
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 16 Advises for trip to Russia
- 17 Family European winter holiday
- 18 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 19 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 20 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 21 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 22 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 23 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013