My husband and I are heading to Ireland for the first time soon. We fly into and out of Dublin. We would like to take the train to Belfast and stay for a night. Then it is open. Ideally, we'd drive to the west coast and do Dingle, but that seems like too much. I'm looking for suggestions. We definitely want to get into the country, would love some scenery, and are beer nerds who'd love to visit at least one distillery and one brewery. I'd like one good castle as well. Pubs, local culture, and countryside are on the agenda. Please, offer suggestions and share your knowledge.
5 full days in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 One more last question on Bayeux
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 banger rally around europe?
- 10 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 15 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 18 Trip around Spain
- 19 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 22 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 25 Medieval Tallinn