My husband and I, along with our 7-month old baby, will be visiting France in mid-September.
We are frequent visitors to Paris, but would like to venture out to the countryside for about 5 days.
We did Normandy last fall and loved it, but now we're considering renting a house/cottage/gites in Burgundy or Provence. (We are open to suggestions for other regions as well!)
A few questions for Fodorites:
Which would be easier to get to, keeping in mind we'll be with a baby? TGV from CDG to Provence or drive to Burgundy after landing?
Will the weather in Provence be significantly warmer/better? I would love to have some pool time, if the weather is still good. Would this be possible in Burgundy in mid-September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 4 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Scotland in 7 Days
- 9 Azores
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 14 Cascais or Algarve?
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 19 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 25 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!