My husband and I, along with our 7-month old baby, will be visiting France in mid-September.
We are frequent visitors to Paris, but would like to venture out to the countryside for about 5 days.
We did Normandy last fall and loved it, but now we're considering renting a house/cottage/gites in Burgundy or Provence. (We are open to suggestions for other regions as well!)
A few questions for Fodorites:
Which would be easier to get to, keeping in mind we'll be with a baby? TGV from CDG to Provence or drive to Burgundy after landing?
Will the weather in Provence be significantly warmer/better? I would love to have some pool time, if the weather is still good. Would this be possible in Burgundy in mid-September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 4 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 5 Killarney
- 6 Madrid/Lisbon
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 11 Rome-Itinerary
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost