My husband and I, along with our 7-month old baby, will be visiting France in mid-September.
We are frequent visitors to Paris, but would like to venture out to the countryside for about 5 days.
We did Normandy last fall and loved it, but now we're considering renting a house/cottage/gites in Burgundy or Provence. (We are open to suggestions for other regions as well!)
A few questions for Fodorites:
Which would be easier to get to, keeping in mind we'll be with a baby? TGV from CDG to Provence or drive to Burgundy after landing?
Will the weather in Provence be significantly warmer/better? I would love to have some pool time, if the weather is still good. Would this be possible in Burgundy in mid-September?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 Porto...Questions !
- 3 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 4 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 7 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 10 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 11 I may be wrong....
- 12 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 13 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 14 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 17 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 18 Hydra, Greece
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Golf Partner in Istanbul