Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 2 Paris for children
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 5 Train / Calabria
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 8 Guided Vatican Tours
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 12 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 IWM
- 21 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 22 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 25 quickest way to Prague
Hi There -