Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 3 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 4 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 Car rental leaving Rome
- 9 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 10 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 13 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 14 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 15 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 16 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 17 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 18 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Car Rental in Italy
- 21 Rue des Rosiers
- 22 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 23 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 24 First Trip to Europe!
- 25 Paris Under Seige...
Hi There -