Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 2 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 3 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 4 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 7 2 Days in Bologna
- 8 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 9 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 10 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 11 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 12 Ireland with teen daughter
- 13 One day Ephesus tour Company
- 14 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 15 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 16 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 17 toarmina or cefalu
- 18 Danube Germany or Hungary
- 19 London Pass or No?
- 20 Freiburg to Zell am See
- 21 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 22 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 23 Greek language app for Microsoft phone?
- 24 Family vacay in Europe
- 25 Where can I buy Euro night train tickets with e tickets?
Hi There -