Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 2 One champagne tour in Reims
- 3 EuropeanDestinations
- 4 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 5 Pousadas
- 6 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 7 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 8 motorhome route for 2wks trip to Italy
- 9 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 10 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 11 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 12 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 13 Frankfurt airport--destination Alsace
- 14 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 15 Staying over visa expiration.
- 16 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 17 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 18 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 19 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 20 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 21 Bruges for 1st time
- 22 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 23 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 24 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 25 Getting to Büyük Mecidiye Cami
Hi There -