Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 2 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 3 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Perugia
- 19 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 20 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 21 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
Hi There -