Hi There -
I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife in October first week this year. I will be flying in and out of Geneva. So, I am a bit confused about what to choose as my base location - Geneva, Zurich, Luzern or any other? Ideally I would not want to do more than 2 base locations.
I would like to cover Jungfrao, Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus - or atleast one out of these 3. Would definitely like to go to high mountain ranges and snow peaks. Also, would like to include the Golden pass to Montreaux (maybe an overnight in Montreaux); since I have heard it is very scenic. I have been recommended for Wengen and Lake Thun cruise and it seems interesting.I learnt from other posts that Interlaken may be avoidable.
Please suggest which cities to stay and itinerary with the most logical routes (to save time and money). I am okay to cut down a few places if it is too much, but would like to cover the best as much as we can.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 3 Rome train to Positano
- 4 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 5 Stonehenge and Bath
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Greece Experts
- 8 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 9 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 10 Greece itinerary ideas
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 13 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 14 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 15 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 16 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 17 Car rental in Paris
- 18 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 19 France to stop making foie grois
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 24 Road Maps of Ireland
- 25 Barcelona attraction tickets
Hi There -