My husband & I are planning a trip to Sicily for 5 days from 20th Feto 25th Feb. We will be staying for two nights in a resort in Sciacca. For next three days we want to do sight seeing and day trips. My first question is which area should be our base. After Sciacca should we head to Taromina and go for day trips to Mt Etna, Cantania. Or we should head to Palermo and do day trips to Erice, Tarapani or Cefalu?
Should we hire a car? I am hearing mixed reviews about driving in Sicily, especially in Palermo it's not advisable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 2 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 May get together in Paris
- 5 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 8 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 9 Italian lakes
- 10 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 Spain and South of France
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 renting car with automatic transmission
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 23 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 24 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Provence???