My husband & I are planning a trip to Sicily for 5 days from 20th Feto 25th Feb. We will be staying for two nights in a resort in Sciacca. For next three days we want to do sight seeing and day trips. My first question is which area should be our base. After Sciacca should we head to Taromina and go for day trips to Mt Etna, Cantania. Or we should head to Palermo and do day trips to Erice, Tarapani or Cefalu?
Should we hire a car? I am hearing mixed reviews about driving in Sicily, especially in Palermo it's not advisable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 3 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Escargots in Paris
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 We're here!
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 Trip Ideas
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 19 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 20 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 21 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.