Well, not quite 5.
We arrive on a Monday around noon but will be jet lagged. We will pick up a rental car on Saturday morning to drive to Saint Saturnin-lès-Apt, where we will stay in a gite for 2 weeks.
Trying to figure out how to best hit the spots on our wish list and how best to get to each one and the logical order to do so.
We would like to go to:
1. Monte Carlo/ Monaco
2. Ventimiglia ??
4. Cap d'Antibes [are we limited to Antibes since we have to rely on public transit??]
And of course spend time in Nice.
I figure that Monday will be spent getting some food stuff and getting a feel for Nice.
That leaves 4 full days to explore the places on our list.
We will need to take public transit, and I gather the train is the way to go as it is faster than taking bus.
Can we do #1, #2 and #3 on the same day and then #4 and #5 together on another day? That would leave 2 full days in Nice. Or should we break up the day trips out of town to cover 3 days and then have just the one in Nice [not counting the first and part of Saturday before we drive to Provence].
What we want to see and do in each of the 5 places on the list - historical sites, parks and gardens, a museum or 2, have a nice lunch, soak up atmosphere of the towns/villages, seeing some of the opulent homes, painter's trail, markets with produce - that sort of thing.
Somewhere along the way, I have to swim in the Mediterranean!! Any suggestions for a beach either at one of the towns or in Nice would be appreciated.
I would be most appreciative of suggestions. If I need to provide more info, please ask. I have tried to include what I think is most relevant. Thank you for taking the time to help us make this dream of a vacation a reality.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 14 nights in Europe
- 13 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 14 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 15 London's Must Sights!
- 16 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 17 Oxford 24 hours
- 18 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Ireland & Scotland
- 22 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 23 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 24 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 25 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
Well, not quite 5.