Well, not quite 5.
We arrive on a Monday around noon but will be jet lagged. We will pick up a rental car on Saturday morning to drive to Saint Saturnin-lès-Apt, where we will stay in a gite for 2 weeks.
Trying to figure out how to best hit the spots on our wish list and how best to get to each one and the logical order to do so.
We would like to go to:
1. Monte Carlo/ Monaco
2. Ventimiglia ??
4. Cap d'Antibes [are we limited to Antibes since we have to rely on public transit??]
And of course spend time in Nice.
I figure that Monday will be spent getting some food stuff and getting a feel for Nice.
That leaves 4 full days to explore the places on our list.
We will need to take public transit, and I gather the train is the way to go as it is faster than taking bus.
Can we do #1, #2 and #3 on the same day and then #4 and #5 together on another day? That would leave 2 full days in Nice. Or should we break up the day trips out of town to cover 3 days and then have just the one in Nice [not counting the first and part of Saturday before we drive to Provence].
What we want to see and do in each of the 5 places on the list - historical sites, parks and gardens, a museum or 2, have a nice lunch, soak up atmosphere of the towns/villages, seeing some of the opulent homes, painter's trail, markets with produce - that sort of thing.
Somewhere along the way, I have to swim in the Mediterranean!! Any suggestions for a beach either at one of the towns or in Nice would be appreciated.
I would be most appreciative of suggestions. If I need to provide more info, please ask. I have tried to include what I think is most relevant. Thank you for taking the time to help us make this dream of a vacation a reality.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Paris for children
- 5 IWM
- 6 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Guided Vatican Tours
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 13 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 25 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
Well, not quite 5.