Well, not quite 5.
We arrive on a Monday around noon but will be jet lagged. We will pick up a rental car on Saturday morning to drive to Saint Saturnin-lès-Apt, where we will stay in a gite for 2 weeks.
Trying to figure out how to best hit the spots on our wish list and how best to get to each one and the logical order to do so.
We would like to go to:
1. Monte Carlo/ Monaco
2. Ventimiglia ??
4. Cap d'Antibes [are we limited to Antibes since we have to rely on public transit??]
And of course spend time in Nice.
I figure that Monday will be spent getting some food stuff and getting a feel for Nice.
That leaves 4 full days to explore the places on our list.
We will need to take public transit, and I gather the train is the way to go as it is faster than taking bus.
Can we do #1, #2 and #3 on the same day and then #4 and #5 together on another day? That would leave 2 full days in Nice. Or should we break up the day trips out of town to cover 3 days and then have just the one in Nice [not counting the first and part of Saturday before we drive to Provence].
What we want to see and do in each of the 5 places on the list - historical sites, parks and gardens, a museum or 2, have a nice lunch, soak up atmosphere of the towns/villages, seeing some of the opulent homes, painter's trail, markets with produce - that sort of thing.
Somewhere along the way, I have to swim in the Mediterranean!! Any suggestions for a beach either at one of the towns or in Nice would be appreciated.
I would be most appreciative of suggestions. If I need to provide more info, please ask. I have tried to include what I think is most relevant. Thank you for taking the time to help us make this dream of a vacation a reality.
5 days in Nice - day trips
Well, not quite 5.
- 1 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 2 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 7 Almalfi in Late March??
- 8 Edinburgh
- 9 Retirement Vacation
- 10 Four Days in Seville
- 11 Tour-Free Travel
- 12 London Evening Activity
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 15 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 16 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 17 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 18 Planning my days in Paris
- 19 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 20 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 21 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 22 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 23 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?