Well, not quite 5.
We arrive on a Monday around noon but will be jet lagged. We will pick up a rental car on Saturday morning to drive to Saint Saturnin-lès-Apt, where we will stay in a gite for 2 weeks.
Trying to figure out how to best hit the spots on our wish list and how best to get to each one and the logical order to do so.
We would like to go to:
1. Monte Carlo/ Monaco
2. Ventimiglia ??
4. Cap d'Antibes [are we limited to Antibes since we have to rely on public transit??]
And of course spend time in Nice.
I figure that Monday will be spent getting some food stuff and getting a feel for Nice.
That leaves 4 full days to explore the places on our list.
We will need to take public transit, and I gather the train is the way to go as it is faster than taking bus.
Can we do #1, #2 and #3 on the same day and then #4 and #5 together on another day? That would leave 2 full days in Nice. Or should we break up the day trips out of town to cover 3 days and then have just the one in Nice [not counting the first and part of Saturday before we drive to Provence].
What we want to see and do in each of the 5 places on the list - historical sites, parks and gardens, a museum or 2, have a nice lunch, soak up atmosphere of the towns/villages, seeing some of the opulent homes, painter's trail, markets with produce - that sort of thing.
Somewhere along the way, I have to swim in the Mediterranean!! Any suggestions for a beach either at one of the towns or in Nice would be appreciated.
I would be most appreciative of suggestions. If I need to provide more info, please ask. I have tried to include what I think is most relevant. Thank you for taking the time to help us make this dream of a vacation a reality.
5 days in Nice - day trips
Well, not quite 5.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 3 Italy trip questions
- 4 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 5 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 8 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 9 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 10 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 11 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 12 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 13 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 14 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 15 Suggestion for travel memories
- 16 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 17 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 20 Budget family trip to Europe
- 21 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 22 Pyrenees logistics
- 23 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 24 Italy
- 25 Azores