Well, not quite 5.
We arrive on a Monday around noon but will be jet lagged. We will pick up a rental car on Saturday morning to drive to Saint Saturnin-lès-Apt, where we will stay in a gite for 2 weeks.
Trying to figure out how to best hit the spots on our wish list and how best to get to each one and the logical order to do so.
We would like to go to:
1. Monte Carlo/ Monaco
2. Ventimiglia ??
4. Cap d'Antibes [are we limited to Antibes since we have to rely on public transit??]
And of course spend time in Nice.
I figure that Monday will be spent getting some food stuff and getting a feel for Nice.
That leaves 4 full days to explore the places on our list.
We will need to take public transit, and I gather the train is the way to go as it is faster than taking bus.
Can we do #1, #2 and #3 on the same day and then #4 and #5 together on another day? That would leave 2 full days in Nice. Or should we break up the day trips out of town to cover 3 days and then have just the one in Nice [not counting the first and part of Saturday before we drive to Provence].
What we want to see and do in each of the 5 places on the list - historical sites, parks and gardens, a museum or 2, have a nice lunch, soak up atmosphere of the towns/villages, seeing some of the opulent homes, painter's trail, markets with produce - that sort of thing.
Somewhere along the way, I have to swim in the Mediterranean!! Any suggestions for a beach either at one of the towns or in Nice would be appreciated.
I would be most appreciative of suggestions. If I need to provide more info, please ask. I have tried to include what I think is most relevant. Thank you for taking the time to help us make this dream of a vacation a reality.
5 days in Nice - day trips
Well, not quite 5.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Useful website for France
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 7 SIM card for eastern europe
- 8 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 London visit
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 No points in Paris .....
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 25 Three days in Spain