Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
5 days in Iceland - May- Itinerary Review
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Votes "No"
- 2 1 week Tuscany in November
- 3 Gift for French business associate
- 4 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 5 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Help please! Value lodging in Italy
- 10 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 13 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 14 Gtg San Antonio
- 15 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 16 Airbnb scam
- 17 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 18 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 19 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 20 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 21 Italy trip advice
- 22 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 25 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland