Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
5 days in Iceland - May- Itinerary Review
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain tips beyond safety
- 2 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 3 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 4 American electrical gadgets
- 5 Eating in France-two new books
- 6 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 7 seven days in Portugal
- 8 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 9 I need a haircut
- 10 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 14 London neighborhood suggestions
- 15 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 16 1 week in Croatia
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 22 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 23 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 24 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 25 Buying Masks in Venice