Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi and Rome
- 2 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 3 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 4 Amsterdam B&B
- 5 Como or Bellagio
- 6 What do pack for Ireland?
- 7 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 8 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 Netflix and Hulu
- 11 First time in Greece
- 12 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 13 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 14 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 15 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 18 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 19 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 20 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 21 Paris weather
- 22 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 23 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 24 Paris to Morocco
- 25 Balloch to the Isle of Skye