Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 4 One in Paris ... help
- 5 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 6 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 9 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 10 Dolomites October 14-18
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 13 Seville Itinerary
- 14 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 15 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 16 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 17 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 18 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 19 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 20 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 21 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 22 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 23 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 24 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 25 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!