Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris