Meeting a friend in Iceland. First time for me, second time for friend. She suggested Reykjavik, Snaesfellsnes penisula, Gullfoss & selfoss, ending @ Blue Lagoon before late afternoon flights home. Arrive mid day on Thurs leave late afternoon (4:00) on Tues. Wanted to just do 3 hotels instead of moving every night ; we're renting a car. Do you think that's do-able? Can one get from the penisula to Gullfoss easily (on a map looks like we'd have to cut through nat'l park?). Initial thought was spend Thurs PM/Friday AM in Reykjavic, collect car and drive to penisula Fri PM. Spent all day Sat there, depart for Gullfoss/Selfoss for 2 nights, morning of last day, drive to Blue Lagoon. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Sicily
- 10 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 11 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Car rental from Barcelona
- 15 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages