I need some serious help on an itinerary for Germany. I have never been there before and no one I know has either. I will be arriving in Frankfurt on Oct. 11 and fly out there as well on Sunday, Oct. 16th.
It seems that Southern Germany is the most obvious area to stay in. Berlin is way too far away. I've seen that Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Munich are spots that I should visit. Other than that, I don't know where to go. I really find the WW2 aspect of Germany interesting, I love art and the beautiful scenery that I see. I like to hike and of course being from St. Louis MO, I like beer
I would like to drive, but I am not sure that would make use of my time well, but I think it would be fun.
Any guidance on where to stay/do would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks