I need some serious help on an itinerary for Germany. I have never been there before and no one I know has either. I will be arriving in Frankfurt on Oct. 11 and fly out there as well on Sunday, Oct. 16th.
It seems that Southern Germany is the most obvious area to stay in. Berlin is way too far away. I've seen that Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Munich are spots that I should visit. Other than that, I don't know where to go. I really find the WW2 aspect of Germany interesting, I love art and the beautiful scenery that I see. I like to hike and of course being from St. Louis MO, I like beer
I would like to drive, but I am not sure that would make use of my time well, but I think it would be fun.
Any guidance on where to stay/do would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 2 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 3 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 4 6-7 Days in France
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 5 Days in Switzerland
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 We're here!
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 Korean Messages
- 14 Getting to Bolivia
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 17 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 18 Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 21 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 22 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me