I need some serious help on an itinerary for Germany. I have never been there before and no one I know has either. I will be arriving in Frankfurt on Oct. 11 and fly out there as well on Sunday, Oct. 16th.
It seems that Southern Germany is the most obvious area to stay in. Berlin is way too far away. I've seen that Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Munich are spots that I should visit. Other than that, I don't know where to go. I really find the WW2 aspect of Germany interesting, I love art and the beautiful scenery that I see. I like to hike and of course being from St. Louis MO, I like beer
I would like to drive, but I am not sure that would make use of my time well, but I think it would be fun.
Any guidance on where to stay/do would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Tour of Northern Italy
- 11 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 An hour and ten min enough for connection?