I need some serious help on an itinerary for Germany. I have never been there before and no one I know has either. I will be arriving in Frankfurt on Oct. 11 and fly out there as well on Sunday, Oct. 16th.
It seems that Southern Germany is the most obvious area to stay in. Berlin is way too far away. I've seen that Heidelberg, The Black Forest and Munich are spots that I should visit. Other than that, I don't know where to go. I really find the WW2 aspect of Germany interesting, I love art and the beautiful scenery that I see. I like to hike and of course being from St. Louis MO, I like beer
I would like to drive, but I am not sure that would make use of my time well, but I think it would be fun.
Any guidance on where to stay/do would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 16 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 17 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 20 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 25 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July