My partner and I are planning a 8 day trip to France, the first week of June. We have previously visited Paris, Provence, Alsace, Lyon, Brittany, and Normandy, and are in our early 30s.
Our rough outline is as follows, arrive Paris Saturday morning, spend Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night in Paris, leave Tuesday morning by train to Brieve, rent a car there. We will then base 3 nights in the Dordogne. For this short a stay, what would be the best bet in terms of location? Would like to see the brief highlights of the region. In my experience it can save a lot of time to stay in a more rural setting to avoid the parking/traffic of tourists crowds in the towns. Is this the case in Dordogne in early June? Does anyone have any recommendations?
We are then going to travel south to Gascony (Gers) on the Friday. We have a reservation at Michel Guerard's restaurant Friday evening. This is in Eugenie-les-Bains. Unfortunately we cannot afford to stay in the attached hotel. We need a good location that is within 1hrs drive of Eugenie-les-Bains, in the direction of Toulouse. Was looking at Auch as an option? Any thoughts on this? Sunday morning (early) we fly home out of Toulouse airport
Thanks for the help!
I know it would have been a bit simpler to simply stay in 1 location in Dordoge, but we are really looking forward to M Guerard's cooking as there are not many chef's of his era still around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake near Naples
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 London Theater
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 9 Switzerland in September
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 12 Munich itinerary review
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 16 weekend from cologne germany
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 3nights in Venice
- 21 multi city flights to europe
- 22 Europe itinerary questions
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Cash and Czech Crowns