My partner and I are planning a 8 day trip to France, the first week of June. We have previously visited Paris, Provence, Alsace, Lyon, Brittany, and Normandy, and are in our early 30s.
Our rough outline is as follows, arrive Paris Saturday morning, spend Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night in Paris, leave Tuesday morning by train to Brieve, rent a car there. We will then base 3 nights in the Dordogne. For this short a stay, what would be the best bet in terms of location? Would like to see the brief highlights of the region. In my experience it can save a lot of time to stay in a more rural setting to avoid the parking/traffic of tourists crowds in the towns. Is this the case in Dordogne in early June? Does anyone have any recommendations?
We are then going to travel south to Gascony (Gers) on the Friday. We have a reservation at Michel Guerard's restaurant Friday evening. This is in Eugenie-les-Bains. Unfortunately we cannot afford to stay in the attached hotel. We need a good location that is within 1hrs drive of Eugenie-les-Bains, in the direction of Toulouse. Was looking at Auch as an option? Any thoughts on this? Sunday morning (early) we fly home out of Toulouse airport
Thanks for the help!
I know it would have been a bit simpler to simply stay in 1 location in Dordoge, but we are really looking forward to M Guerard's cooking as there are not many chef's of his era still around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples + Walking Tour
- 2 TECHNICAL SETTING : HP PRINTER CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 hp 24*7
- 3 International drivers permit
- 4 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 12 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 13 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 TIM in FCO - update
- 18 London GTG May 19-25
- 19 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 20 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 21 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 24 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 25 London and Normandy