My partner and I are planning a 8 day trip to France, the first week of June. We have previously visited Paris, Provence, Alsace, Lyon, Brittany, and Normandy, and are in our early 30s.
Our rough outline is as follows, arrive Paris Saturday morning, spend Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday night in Paris, leave Tuesday morning by train to Brieve, rent a car there. We will then base 3 nights in the Dordogne. For this short a stay, what would be the best bet in terms of location? Would like to see the brief highlights of the region. In my experience it can save a lot of time to stay in a more rural setting to avoid the parking/traffic of tourists crowds in the towns. Is this the case in Dordogne in early June? Does anyone have any recommendations?
We are then going to travel south to Gascony (Gers) on the Friday. We have a reservation at Michel Guerard's restaurant Friday evening. This is in Eugenie-les-Bains. Unfortunately we cannot afford to stay in the attached hotel. We need a good location that is within 1hrs drive of Eugenie-les-Bains, in the direction of Toulouse. Was looking at Auch as an option? Any thoughts on this? Sunday morning (early) we fly home out of Toulouse airport
Thanks for the help!
I know it would have been a bit simpler to simply stay in 1 location in Dordoge, but we are really looking forward to M Guerard's cooking as there are not many chef's of his era still around.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 4 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 5 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?